Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new Focus owner here from NJ. Bought a 2003 ZTS, CD Silver on 11/30. Yep, yet another silver sedan. I'm looking to make some mods, but have a few questions.

Are there any limitations as to which performance mods can be made with the auto tranny?

What about warranty issues? Which mods can I make now, and which ones should I wait on until the warranty expires?

One last thing, for now...I've been reading about the HID (?) headlights from the MACH ZTS. Are they still available? Looks like an easy enough mod.

Thanks for any info!

Sammy

G

·
0 Posts
I'm in the same situation. Except a ZX5. Was thinking about short ram intake, full exhaust, 65mmtb(if possible w/ auto), Chip....

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
1.Chip=210 (Diablo, Superchip)
2.Catback=300-400 (FS, Bosal, Thermal, MBRP, etc)
3.Intake=200 (Iceman, loox stock!!)
4.Flexpipe=110 (FS, Bosal etc)
5.Cam Sprockets=180-230 (Fidanza,FR,Ess,AEM etc)
6.Port ur TB=free
7.UDP=100 (FR, Ess, AFX, MAC etc.)

i wouldnt go much further than this durin ur warranty period. tune this all up and w/an auto u should c 115-120whp or so, maybe more. w/the auto, place more emphasis on the chip, it has been well noted amongst ur fellow auto mates that it helps a bunch. catbacks, there's many, all depends on what u want. quiet=FS, Apexi, HKS, Bosal etc. More aggressive r 1s like the MBRP, Bassani, Borla, Thermal, and Vibrant. mind u that some of these r very loud=fuzz bait. i'd stay away from any more exh work (high flow cats, race headers etc) til ur out of warranty and have a clearer direction on how far and what u wanna do w/the car. the iceman is a good pic b/c it worx, looks good, and also loox stock, since it uses the stock outlay. short rams r useful only if u want sound, might find power #s goin the wrong way from them. throw that flexpipe in there w/the catback, worth the money. that udp will free up some power up top 4 u, very cheap and easy 2 install. and finally cam sprockets, u'll come 2 like these b/c it'll almost certainly find some lost ponies that the factory jipped u on. plus u can tune them around the mods u've added 2 the car 4 max performance. good luck.

q's welcome,

-Ult

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have done some of the basic mods and have had no problems with warranty.
But each dealer is different.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i would like to argue the fact on the short rams...to the point that i have the K&N FIPK and in my opinion a far more enginneered and technologically advanced intake than any other on the market...here in MN we have to deal with rain snow freeze thaw and CAI's are to worry some. the FIPK has the location of the filter as most short-rams yet utilizes a heat shield that incorperates the stock cold air tube location (which can be upgraded to the SVT or Iceman tube) it is made out of plastic not ceramic or aluminum so it insulates better and instead of a direct fit tube it has a bell around the throttlebody inlet that induces a vortex and helps atomize the fuel more evenly...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts