Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...been reading your posts for awhile now and about two weeks ago i made a purchase that qualifies me as a postable member here. Bought with 11,776 miles on her. 2003 Focus SVT Screaming Yellow. Europackage. Already installed my Steeda short shifter and got my K&N Aircharger today. As soon as i figure out how to put a pic of her on here without having it up on a website i will. Just wanted to thank you all for your input on so many different things from the car in general to item mods information. Keep the information coming cause i know people use it. Hopefully i'll be able to add my own input in the future for others to use if it's helpfull.

Thanks!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Welcome to the Jet and congrats on purchasing a SVTF!!

You can join either www.imagestation.com or www.photobucket.com which are free for hosting pics and creating online photo albums that you have downloaded photos to your computer hard drive.Many Jetters including myself use either one for their pics.I hope that helps you some.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Welcome! How you likin' those seats?

Get a VF rear motor mount to compliment that STS.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Welcome!!

I hope you enjoy the new ride as much of us do

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd have to agree, amazing choice on the car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the tips on the pics and mods i need. Hope to get that VF rear mount soon as i can but i've no idea how to install it so any help there would be great. STS and the intake are cake to do with little skill needed (hence why i did them first) but other stuff while might not be that hard might be a bit harder for me to do with my skill and tools available. As to where in florida i'm in O-Town. All praise the rat.... Color believe it or not was not what i really wanted till i saw the first one cause i never wanted a yellow car but it grew on me and then i wouldn't get one unless it was the yellow. Well maybe not entirely true. Was so rough trying to find one with all the stuff i wanted i woulda taken any color with these options. Yes i love those seats. I'll probably never get much use out of the heat or engine block heater but hey i wnated all the options.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hey that VF motor mount is very easy. I hit the "big 60" in March of this year and last November I did the VF by myself in less than 30 minutes.

The motor mount along with the Steeda STS are an awesome combination.

Oh yeah, and another welcome to the Jet.

Ron

·
Registered
71 Posts
keep an eye open in the regional forums, hopefully we'll have a g2g soon so all of the o-towners can meet.

what dealership did you find it at?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the JET!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
few more quick answers. Got her at Sarasota Ford. While they weren't complete idiots/jerks/etc. i can't say there was anything i got from them that would make me want to suggest someone buy from them. Example: right rear wheel is missing a lugnut has jsut some freaking nut on the missing place not even a lug nut just a nut. Asked them to replace it and mail it to me. About 2 weeks now and no word. There were other things about the whole buying process i won't get into here. Lets just say i got the car in florida. Man if you replaced that rear mount by yourself in 30 min. at 60 that means it'll take me about 1hr 1/2 to get it done atlest with the rate my mods are going when i install them. Just and i mean just got done putting my K&N Aircharger in and what says should take me like 30-1hr took me every bit of 2hrs. the preimiss was simple and fine it's the small stuff that kills me like who the hell decides to put a bolt somewhere that you can't get a wrench on it really? And damn if you try to do it in the order they tell you you'll never get it done. JBSVT i'll check the reginoals or maybe we could all just meet up locally sometime. OH and without further delay here hse is : D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/kgx2/IM000014.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/kgx2/IM000012.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/kgx2/IM000024.jpg

I think that's her good side ; )

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
KGX2 your SVTF looks great in those pics!!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Nice car. I think I saw that one when I was looking for my SVT w/European Apperance Package. Ended up driving all the way from Tampa to West Palm to pick up my '03 Infra Red gem. Have fun with her, and come out to some of the CFL events.

BTW, the lower mount is fairly easy. All you need is a floor jack and hand tools. It can be a bit tricky wedging the VF unit w/stiffer bushings into the mount, but overall I'd say it is a very straight forward install.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts