Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car on some roads with really twisty turns and could not reach really reach the gas pedal for toe heel shifting. I am curious if there is a pedal set or adapter that would extend the gas pedal out further. I saw there is the svt pedal set which looks like it might work, but hard to tell. My car is a 2005 zx3 se.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
234 Posts
i just ordered the SVT pedal kit from steeda...i'll be sure to let you know! i get so close to rollin my foot over onto the gas but always wind up missing and sliding all over the place...just need another inch or so...

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I used the OMP pdeals from McNews Automotive. Definitely helped to bring the gas pedal closer to the brake pedal.

The picture doesn't look like a big difference, but I can tell you the gas is now perfectly close (plus you can position the pedals any way you want.) I have to be careful now when I wear wide shoes not to press the gas down when I step on the brake. With slimmer driving shoes heel toing is much easier.

You just screw two holes into each pedal and then use the supplied nuts/bolts to put them in. The pedals are metal, but it's a softer metal that will actually conform to the curve of the stock pedal after a little while.

Nate

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just need to extend the pedal further out...Does the svt pedal fit the 2005 focus? What other pedal kits are available for the 2005. On that note how interchangable are the parts between the prior years to the 2005? Thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
OMP are the best, IMO
Yep, IIRC that's a pic of my car.

Not sure where to get those pedal covers anymore but they're the best I've seen/tried so far. I got mine from McNews a long time ago.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Heel/toe? Hmm I just use the gas and brake, most of the time I can just downshift without using the clutch.
I use some cheap $25 pedal I got from the local autoparts store. I have seen them at like Autozone for $25. They have the none slip tread on them and work great when m,y shoes are wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts