Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up. Just a few minutes ago i purchased the AEM Polished CAI from Focusperformace.com heres a pic and some info on it. http://www.focusperformance.com/tpls/Detail.tpl?command=search&db=foccat.db&eqskudata=21-450P&cart=3122923293367091

Also, if ANY of you people order ANYTHING from modernperformance.com beware!! These people are complete dickheads and i have proof of this. Here is a conversation i had with a tech rep earlier today.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Modernchat'
Modernchat: Welcome! How may I help you?
Chris: i have a question and a CAI for my car
Chris: about a CAI**
Modernchat: ok
Chris: ok do you have the AEM CAI in silver in stock right now
Modernchat: for a Focus?
Chris: yes
Modernchat: let me double check
Chris: ok
Modernchat: yeah...I have plenty in stock
Chris: ok if i ordered today about how long would it take me to recieve it
Modernchat: where are you located?
Chris: virginia
Modernchat: it would take 3-4 business days to get to you by FedEx Ground
Chris: alright. how do i order online
Modernchat: there is no way to order online
Modernchat: you have to give us a call
Chris: and how am i sure that you people are going to order this over the phone? ill goto newedge and do it there if need be because thats where i generally do my business
Modernchat: well...you will actually talk to someone here
Modernchat: and that is how you know you have placed the order
Chris: i realize that though but how will i know you you guys are a true company
Modernchat: new edge has been in a business for what? 1 year?
Chris: and ive ordered parts from them and recieved them just fine
Modernchat: Modern Performance has been in business 6+ years
Modernchat: call AEM...we are direct warehouse dealers
Chris: how come the aem cai that you guys offer the filter doesnt look the same as the one on aem's website
Modernchat: New Edge buys AEM products through a distributor
Modernchat: and you will receive parts just fine from us as well
Modernchat: it is the same one
Modernchat: the same one they have always used
Chris: although the filter on yours has a silver endcap and the filter on aem's has none
Modernchat: so, what is the problem? we have the item in stock and we can ship out today
Modernchat: its not a hard a decision
Modernchat: either order it or don't
Chris: lol the prob is that u ppl show a diff product than the product itself that the manufactuer has and what was your name and where are you located
Modernchat: like I said before...you can call AEM directly and they will let you know who Modern Performance is...they know we are one of their top distributors for Focus parts...
Modernchat: did it ever occur to you that they may used a different picture
Modernchat: it happens
Chris: what was your name and where are you located
Modernchat: my name is Mark
Modernchat: and we are located in Houston, TX
Modernchat: again...we have the item in stock and we can ship it out today...
Modernchat: you will see it in 3 business days
Chris: ty because i do phone order sells and i can tell you right now that by your performance of talking to a customer is very poor. ill tell the company about your performance
Modernchat: it doesn't sound like you would sell much stuff over the phone with your level of intelligence
Modernchat: you are obviously trying to play games here
Modernchat: and are not concerned with placing an actual order
Modernchat: thanks for wasting our time

see they are total bishes. anyways, later people!

·
Registered
970 Posts
i ordered a fc tb and iceman cai from them with no probs.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
actually u were the asshole, and friendlyfocus is right i would have "accidentally" disconnected u a long time ago

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually i wasnt the asshole. why in the hell would i spend 300 bucks on a company i know nothing about. i wouldnt want to send money to a business that wasnt legitimate

·
Registered
970 Posts
from my experience they are a good company, i ordered my parts on a monday and got them on wednesday, good prices also.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I ordered nearly $1K of parts through Modern Performance last year (when I had my Focus) and they were ALL awesome to deal with. Can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im a newb when it came to them and ive only done business w/ newedge. therefore i wanted to make sure they were a legit business before i sent them my money. make sense?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I agree, sounds to me like you were the asshole in the conversation above. I would've hit the disconnect button on you as well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I second the asshole motion.

I've done business w/ Modern many times, and they have been nothing but gracious over the phone.

I would've 'baleated' you. (homestarrunner
)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Originally posted by JinX:
Modernchat: you are obviously trying to play games here and are not concerned with placing an actual order thanks for wasting our time ...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I haven't done business with Modern Performance, JinX, but I assure you they are a legitimate businsess (do a search). I have done sales via on-line chat, however, and Modernchat has you pegged. You are a total waste of time for any business. What is your point? You were a total jerk and he was polite for a long long time.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Hehe.. I mean if you wanted to do buisness with newedge you should of just bought it from newedge.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by JinX:
actually i wasnt the asshole. why in the hell would i spend 300 bucks on a company i know nothing about. i wouldnt want to send money to a business that wasnt legitimate
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm... sounds to me that you WERE the asshole indeed. WTF!?! Why the hell would you enter a live chat with a sales rep and then harass him about the company he represents. If you like NewEdge, then give Tony D. a call. Personally, that's who I deal with, but I never called him up and asked about his integrity and harass him. Saving a total of $10 is certainly not worth that ****. The sales rep was telling you how to make sure his company was legit, but all you did was jack him off. Damn. That's just plain stupid.

[ 12-16-2002, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: focus_rs ]

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
wow you're a rude individual. I've orderd parts from modern and actually driven the four hours from waco to houston to buy my borla. Top notch guys (all of them) I think you need to re-evaluate your use of the english language.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered my Iceman CAI from Modern Performance and it was delivered to me FedEx on a Saturday and they didn't charge me for shipping. Doesn't matter to me if they don't have an online ordering system at least when you call to place the order you can actually talk to someone who can answer any questions you may have as well as let you know if the product you have is in stock and when it will ship. Modern Performance gets a big thumbs up from me.

[ 12-16-2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: RockOrlando ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
man, i wont grill ya, but i must say u didnt handle that right. from not realizin in goin thru modern's website that they dont do online ordering (u should start readin the policy pages 4 each company b4 u order whichever way u order) to immediately bringin newedge into the conversation. u gotta look back over what u said and realize u made it go the way u find bad but really was under most of ur doing.

MOD-Lock This.

-Ult

[ 12-16-2002, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

G

·
0 Posts
The link was targeted to focus performance but it seems you were dealing with modern performance ?

Being able to place orders through web also doesn't guarantee their business is legit. In fact, web is the easiest way to create bogus business.
Put it this way, if you don't trust modern performance or focus performace do your research first ask jetters who have placed orders with them.

=dRe=

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have ordered many through modernperformance several times. They are a good company to deal with. They were always nice to me on the phone and very knowledgable of the products they are selling. BTW, what's up with you questioning if they are a real company? I would trust calling a company by calling them rather than dealing on the internet.
I think somebody needs to call them up and apologize.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.