Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possible new road course underway in Palmer, MA. I am pumped about this. Track looks very exciting too, with a lot of elevation change.

Last night I updated the Board of Directors regarding plans for the track in Palmer MA. We are fully permitted and are commencing site work. We are seeking advisors, partners, and supporters.

We wish to preserve the goal originally envisioned by COMSCC president Rob Goldfarb and NER SCCA of a true road course serving car clubs and the grassroots motorsports community in New England. That vision is still very much alive in Palmer. We think the track is ideally situated and the circuit jaw-dropping for even the most seasoned drivers.

Here is a birds eye view of the ~500-acre site in the town of Palmer, abutting a power line and state forests and surrounded by 1000-foot hills.

Below is a 3D scale model of the 2+ mile track. The track has 189 feet of elevation from turn 2 to entry into the right loop. (In contrast, the greatest elevation at the Glen, from bus stop to the toe, is 110 feet.) It will be run only counter-clockwise initially.

More to come soon - web site, blog, live video feed, etc.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thompson is even closer for me too so that will be great.

I hope that the Palmer track had an acceptable lot for autox. I've been up the devens airfield but its a hike to get up there.

·
Registered
351 Posts
its a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... was on the news a few days ago.. looks like they already have a good start.... i think they said its 40ft wide all the way around the track

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts