Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I Finally got the Car Lowered plus some new Wheels, so now I am onto the engine compartment. I think the following is my final draft of parts that I will be adding on, maybe some others later, but for the most part I am not going to go to WILD with it. That is until there is a S/C built for us. Any how, here is the list of parts;

1. Tru-bendz 2.5 Full Exhaust
2. FC Throttle Body 65mm
3. FC 4-1 Race Header or Draxas Headers
4. Hi Flo CAI From Macy Motor
5. SCT XCAL2 From Macy Motor

I didn't find much more then those two choices for the Headers, if anyone else knows of some, let me know. Other then that, what do you guys think of this configuration? Tell me what you like, dislike about, or any swaping of parts you would do and why. Looking to get these parts by the end of the month, so there is time for debate.
One other question, what type of estimated gains would you feel these improvements would give our 2.0 ZX3s?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
1. Tru-bendz 2.5 Full Exhaust
2. FC Throttle Body 65mm
3. FC 4-1 Race Header or Draxas Headers
4. Hi Flo CAI From Macy Motor
5. SCT XCAL2 From Macy Motor
These mods will give you enough power to kill a zetec focus with the equivilant mods. That's all i know.

Seriously if i had to guess, I'd say about 140 - 150 whp.

Just be happy you have a duratec. The duratec gets better power gains with bolt ons.

·
Registered
775 Posts
with a bone stock 2.3 I obliteriated my buddy's zetec. He had a CAI, tb, header, exhaust, cam gears, and way better tires.

I would guess that would put you in the mid 160's.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
The Cosworth header is an option if you are interested.

I think the Draxas header includes a new flex pipe, but if the header you choose does not, then you should at least pick up the Cossie flex. It frees up what appears to be a significant bottleneck in the exhaust system. At ~$60 it is a great deal too.

>8^)
ER

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
you should at least consider stg 1 cams with all that. I'd personally prefer stg 2's but to do all you're talking about & ignore the cams would be a tragedy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Was that a joke..?

A very knowledgeable Duratec tuner..

Look at Marcy Motorsports in Sponsors.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
I'm sure you didn't, and I think Yellow was just having a bit of fun at your expense.

I agree with the other poster who said to add Stage 1 cams to that list of yours.
If your ultimate goal is to wait for some kind of forced induction, then you could forget about them, but real F/I solutions are a long ways off it seems. If you do get cams, keep your stock ones handy, as cams with overlap are not well suited for forced induction.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys think that this is going to give me some pretty good gains. I was really wanting to eclipse the 150hp to the ground mark, seems it may be close. I guess udgrade to the cams would do that.
For those that have done a cam upgrade to the Duratec, what is the difficultly of this. I know I would not be able to do it myself, but there is a lot of GOOD focus tuners out here that I think that could, as long as I feel that I can let them.
My long run goal is to get a SC that is biult for the Duratec and try to acheive around 200hp, but this might be a little ways off due to money!

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
List looks good!
For me though I've just found out that ford is not going to offer the hatchback model with the 2.3L. What a RETARDED idea. OH well, so I guess the major mods will be going to the 2.0L when the market comes around to it.
-Jason

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Stg 1 cams should be easy enough. Send a PM to Walter & check out some of the how-to's on this board. You'll be all set to do a cam swap yourself.

Walter also suggested in another thread to do the stg 1 cams BEFORE an exhaust headder simply because similar gains, similar cost & less noise.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Easy tiger... we all know who Marcy is, but the question is who is Macy.
Sorry if I was a bit rough for ya kitten...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts