Ford Focus Forum banner

New silver pulleys

409 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  PimpDaddy 
#1 ·
I just got the new FC silver pulleys in, they look bad ass. I am going Bling Bling silver under my hood.

I will have new pics of my completed engine, outside the car, with the fr intake manifold and silver t/b and new silver intake too.

Chris

oops it would help if i post the pic

[ 01-15-2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: CTZX3 ]

See less See more
#8 ·
Originally posted by galeano:
do you use the stock belt with those pulleys?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes. It's just the Focus Central 3 piece kit minus the alternator pulley that everyone says is a PITA to install. I'm definitely going to have to get those. They look sweet. Glad I didn't jump and get the black ones.

Eric

#11 ·
Originally posted by whiskeytangofoxtrot:
You sure? I thought you had to have a shorter belt with pulleys? Does the alternator adjust enough to take the slack out, or are the pulleys just lighter, and not smaller?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In the case of FC's 3 piece set the crank pulley is smaller, water pump pulley is bigger and the alternator is the same size. So, take out the alt. pulley for this set and there is no difference. The difference in the size of the crank pulley is made up by the increase in size of the water pump pulley. If you get just a crank pulley a new belt is needed.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.