Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It's time for me to get new front brakes, and I'll soon need rear brakes. I'm looking for a set of pads and rotors that have great stopping power when cold, and I was thinking of using the Hawk HPS Street Pads and the Brembo OEM style rotors off of TireRack. While I'm certain both parts are good based on past posts, I'm teaching my girlfriend how to drive with my 2000SE and I would like something she doesn't have to mash hard to make it grip. This car isn't autocrossing (yet
, it's just sitting in traffic around here.

Any suggestions on front pads, or maybe should I go with the Ford OEM ones? Will the Hawks be too hard for my gf to handle?

Also, when I do the rear in a couple months, I was planning on going OEM Drums and OEM pads all the way. Good idea, bad idea?

Thanks!

-Neil-

·
Registered
263 Posts
Although this will vary based on what you original equipment pad you are replacing, we've found that pedal pressure to be similar to what you would experience with an OEM.

The pedal may seem to move a little bit more but not like the mushiness you can't from brakes that need to be bled, it's a different kind of feel.

Initial bite will be much better and of course it's important to break them pads in properly.

Bottom line - get the Hawks instead of OEM.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Satisfied Pro makes shoes for the Focus, we expect to have them at the beginning of September. If planning on doing it earlier though OEM's should be okay since the fronts do most of the work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts