Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have a good bit of suspension mods already, but it's getting time to fix my suspension (springs, shocks, struts) simply because the are worn out or broken. I already have the cup kit and its good and all, but it has a little too much body roll as it is. Now, here's the problem...an easy solution is to get the race springs and some koni's, but i like my car as low as possible. Even the cup kit at 2.5 inches lower is not completely satisfying. So i want better handling but i want to keep my car as low as possible. I've had trouble finding out exactly how low some of these setups go, so if any of you who have input on this could make some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, i guess i'll order the race springs and the koni's.

Thanks in advance, you guys are great!

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
H&R coilovers go lower than you want to go. I have them and I tuck in the front.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have any pics of your car with that set up?

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have a cup kit too.Handling, balance perfect. But it is a soft setup for me. I need more stiffer springs and shocks and also lowers the car like cup kit.
But which one has a perfect balance, h&r coilover or koni with race springs???
i think H&R coilover is way to go......

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like the coilovers only lower the rear 2". The cup kit lowers it 2.5" or 2.6". I like the fact that my rear almost tucks as much as the front. What about the Eibach coilovers? On tirerack it says they lower the front 3" and the rear 2.5". Any comments?

·
Registered
293 Posts
It looks like the coilovers only lower the rear 2". The cup kit lowers it 2.5" or 2.6". I like the fact that my rear almost tucks as much as the front. What about the Eibach coilovers? On tirerack it says they lower the front 3" and the rear 2.5". Any comments?
There was a picture posted a couple years ago with the H&R coilovers cranked down. Trust me it tucked so much that I wouldn't want to drive it.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Eibach Just released their focus coil-over application, at least I've never heard or seen anyone install it on their focus.

any you mentioned body roll? Have you thought about getting a Rear sway bar, Or set of sway bars?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my mods are listed, i have front and rear sway bars, front strut tower brace, and prothane bushings throughout...unless you can think of something else, i'm pretty sure it's the spring/strut/shock setup that is the weak point in cornering

i'm seriously considering the tein coilovers. they seem to have the most massive lowering capabilities available and some pretty decent spring rates. i'll never need to lower it three and a half inches...but it's nice to know i can if i want to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts