Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well kinda.. Traded in my 2000 auto ZX3 and have had the SVT for about a month now and loving every second!
This car is so much better then my ZX3 (which was fairly heavily modded outside of a turbo) Awesome car my only real complaint is the oem tires
need to get some Kumho's back under there! (use to have them on my Zx3)
Anyway wanted to say hi and throw a pic up before I start on modding it. Mostly going to be doing "looks" mods cause I'm happy with the cars performance. With that said I'm looking at keeping a black/silver scheme only problem is my car has the red cloth inserts any alternatives out there to getting them reupholstered or changing the seats?

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Shaun,
Congrats on you new 2003 SVTF and welcome to the Jet!!!!

The best and fastest color choice too

·
Registered
286 Posts
Congrat's on the new SVTF!

And just for the record, extensive NASA testing has shown the Infra-Red to have a slightly lower coefficient of friction than black, thus making Infra-Red SVTF's a full second quicker in all performance catagories. And, we don't have to wax as often!

~Dave

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
congrats...there was a katskin(sp) leather GB going on. you may want to check into that. Or just some other nice cloth custom seat covers from a specialty shop like driver's seat(florida store..not sure if they are nationwide or not)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I dont give a rats arse what Nasa says, look at their track record lately... When they can determine the cause of a wing falling off, maybe I will listen to their theories on drag coefficients!
Until then Black is Da Bomb!!!
Congrats on your SVT, you will LOVE it, you will HATE it... but it will be your baby!!!
Now get to the car wash and wash that thing! (for the third time this week!)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome to the club and enjoy the car! Where are you in Virginia? I am pretty sure that Turbo Tom was organizing a track day up at VIR pretty soon, you might want to check it out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies! and I'm in Woodstock, Va right now Just recently moved up here from Luray, Va. Track time sounds fun long as work dont get in the way

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Welcome to the Jet. I got my SVT in April and it is a blast to drive. CD Silver does seem to be the fastest color though lol. Enjoy.

·
Registered
568 Posts
just wondering how well the inside of the svt motor is built, ive got a svt and am wondering how my block will hold up. just got my focus in july..i luv it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts