Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am really glad I found this site. I had been reading alot on the forum's from www.focusfanatics.com but the "Jet" blows their forums out of the water. I just bought a 2003 SVTF 5 door, infra red, with the audiophile package and sunroof. I absolutely loved it for the month I was back in the United States. Being a former 1989 Taurus SHO owner I had a key interest in Ford specialty vehicles and I think I am getting hooked. Anyways I am back to finish my tour in S. Korea at Osan AB (I am in the Air Force) and am ready to leave Aug 14th to go to Luke AFB in Phoenix Arizona where my car will be waiting for me (Thanks to my dad making the road trip with it from Cleveland). I have read alot of the forum's on this site as well and have a few questions
that I couldnt find the answers for in previous posts.

1) Does anyone know if Jackson Racing does their own financial lending, I have read elsewhere they do and emailed them but havent recieved an answer in quite a few days now. Also I read that if you buy the kit directly from their store in California they do the install for free?

2) Would it be worth it in your opinion(s) to put an Off Road Pipe on with the stock SVT exhaust? And if so is there anything that has to be done to allow to ORP to be installed with the stock exhaust. Also is it really going to be that much louder?

I consider myself to be semi-educated on car's, but everything I know I taught myself from reading books, magazines, surfing the net, etc. But these forum's seem to be a great way to learn, meet people with the same interests and cure my boredom.
Looking forward to all your replies and future posts. Thanks!!

PS: My friend put some pics of my car up if your interested @ http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=379549&page=4
Yes thats his 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V in the background.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I dont have an answer for your JR financing question, but the ORP is definately worth the $210. Simple bolt on. Its not really to loud on my car. Noticeable on start-up, and obviously noticeable when you really hit the gas.

I dont have a dyno of my car, but Ive read a couple claims of 9hp/trq. Im sure someone has a dyno sheet to prove actual numbers.

BTW, welcome and congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hey, welcome to the Jet! We spoke on AIM last night. If you're thinking about doing the ORP, make sure you do the AEM CAI with it. You'll love the sound and the gains will be noticeable. I would do the ORP if I didn't mind not keeping it legal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The orp is very doable with stock exhaust but can be a bit buzzy. Two of the local guys Slickshoes and Belacyrf both have FC ORP and stock exhaust. I think I am the only one currently with catback and ORP.

Personally the borla catback is WELL WORTH IT just for sound reasons alone with the ORP tho. I think that could be confirmed by anyone who has been in or been passed by my car

Intake is a very worthwhile upgrade also of course. I made my own instead of using the AEM or anything but I want to get an ITG filter on it now.

Oops forgot JR does its own financing but it is through the America's car care company. There is some info in a thread in Team Socal I think? If you do a search you should find it.

Oh an BTW Welcome!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Welcome to the site. You will definitely find more than enough to read and search here. Looks like most of your questions were answered. If you buy from JR, they will do the install for free. I would look into the price they sell it for though. If it is marked up considerably compared to Summit, then it might be worth buying from Summit and installing yourself. I am not sure what their price is.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
TRobertson,
Congrats on getting your new 2003 SVTF 5 door and welcome to the Jet!!!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On the financing note, I think the credit Jackson Racing offers charges something like a 20-25% interest rate (Car Care One card through GE Financial). If you have any credit whatsoever, you're probably better off getting or using a regular credit card. And by the way, welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts