Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a CEL about 150 miles after I installed it. I fiddled with the idle screw and disconnected the battery to reset the ecu. It went off. I did this over and over again trying to get it to stay off. It always comes back on around 200 more miles about once a week. It's on now again. Somone said I needed to put some kind of sealant on the gasket?

·
Registered
29 Posts
While it seems obvious where the problem is, you might still want to take it to Autozone and have them read the code for you. That might help narrow things down...

·
Registered
871 Posts
yo foo, i am about to move to jax in april. is there a very good foci scene? i know it was ALL imports when i left 2 years ago.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
i've had this problem since i've had my tb on the car. the cel will flip on every 200 miles or so and then go away again within 50 miles. haven't been able to figure it out. tried resealing it, nothing. tried new tps, nothing. i'm pretty sure it's the IAC, but it's functioning fine. i just live with it.

when i called nader @ fc he said they had heard of this problem several times, but have never had the problem with any cars in the area to be able to try to solve it. so i guess it's just a live with it kind of deal. as long as everything is working i'm not worried about a CEL every once and a while.

Nate

·
Registered
222 Posts
remember if you leave a cel on for a long period of time the ecu will take out 5 degrees of timing and you will feel it. i suggest you take it to autozone and get the cel # and fix the problem

geoff

·
Registered
143 Posts
its probably p1506 which is an idle speed overspeed error, ford specific code. "try" to find a happy med. for a non-sticking throttle, no light and idle. and yes it could be because of a leak around the tb gasket. i fooled around with min quite a bit, for a while it would idle with no light and no sticking, but with the addition of some polly mounts the lower idle produces some undesireable vibrations, my mil is on. ive never heard of the pcm retarding 5 deg of timming from it before though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We had the same problem with one of our cars turned out to be a "faulty" TPS when fitting it the Guy forced it once we fitted a new one problem went away. As for the light being on. Its does down turn the performace and it will go into limp mode if left to long. How long I have not found out yet I have spent some time with Ford Motor Company and the WDS Central Trainer. Its a pitty we can not program the standard Chip is it not as the WDS Central software has it all fuel mixture Timming etc etc. Can even do a compression test without even opening the hood.

Try a TPS change but be gentle when you fit it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts