Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
You shouldn't get one
In all honesty I like the body styling, and the interior is nice, but I've never had the oppertunity to drive one.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
tell me i shouldnt get one.

[/QUOTE]

DONT GET ONE!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN!

(ps: if you DO get one, give me all your mods on your focus...
)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
A pretty face and a decent motor with a chassis that flops all over itself. Sounds alot like most GM cars.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's one of car and drivers ten best with a big warrenty. Don't buy one....because front wheel drive sucks. That and you'll have no storage space. Admitt it it is just a wanna be sports car witch makes it nothing.

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't buy one....because front wheel drive sucks.
...great advice to give on a board about compact cars...
good advice, Thats it my minds made up.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The V6 is a 170hp heavy beast with more body roll than Rosane

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
It's one of car and drivers ten best with a big warrenty. Don't buy one....because front wheel drive sucks. That and you'll have no storage space. Admitt it it is just a wanna be sports car witch makes it nothing.
And the Focus is RWD???

(other than a handful of special ones)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I've test driven many different versions of the Tiburon and while there are a lot of pluses to this vehicle, especially the exterior design, hatchback, and awesome bumper to bumper warranty of 5 years, it's not a car for everyone.

While it looks like a sports car, it drives more like a gran tourer, it should be compared to the honda accord coupe, toyota camry coupe solara, and the mitsubishi eclipse/chrysler sebring/dodge stratus coupes.

If that's what you're looking for then go with the 5-speed V6, I don't like how the 6 speed drives and the four-cylinder doesn't have enough power for the weight of the entire vehicle. While the car doesn't register as way too heavy, driving it, the car feels mighty large, and very over-weight.

Hyundai does seem to be trying to push the tiburon into the modifying plans of young drivers, just check out the ads in scc and other import tuning mags, but there's not much out for it.

If you really want a drivers car, the SVTF is a much better choice at a cheaper price, the srt-4 will bring you much more power, and a Civic Si will last you a lot longer and provide better modifying ability. I even prefered the Elantra GT better than the tiburon and this year it's offered on the hatchback and the sedan.

I won't tell you NO, I'll just offer things to make your own decision the right one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts