Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just ran my focus at rockfalls last saturday...The et shocked me because it was my worst time ever...something was wrong with the car. My R/T was .118 and my 1/4 was 17.255 at 77.5mph. The best time I've hit with my foci was 16.1 @ 85.2mph. What's wrong here?? I launched at 3000rpm, shifted to 2nd at 5500, shifted to 3rd at 6000rpm. The temp was about 93 degrees. My mods are injen cold air, hks hyper cat-back, aem cam gears, focus central udp, and a new clutch from ford(I blew up the old one doing burnouts). Is there any possible explanation for this awfull time..???

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
what state is rock falls?

93deg wont help but...you should go quicker.

y you doin burnouts on street tires? it'll only make traction worse. make sure all tires are at rated pressure (rears can be a lil high).

y you shiftin at 5,5k 1-2? way too low. here...

for you,

1-2 6,3k
2-3 6,1k
3-4 6,0k

make sure that your car is runnin properly (no trouble codes, no leax (hose come loose), firin on all 4 (plug wire loose), clean air filter, etc etc.

hit me back

-Ult

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, my check engine light was on but I already know that it's just the air conditioning fan. Other than that, nothing seems wrong. My front tires are set at 25psi and my back ones are at 30psi. Rockfalls raceway is in Wisconsin. Near Eau Claire. I'm going back on the 27 and would like to see better results. Here's my best time on the 6(which is also one of my worst ever).

RT .118
60' 2.522
330 7.100
1/8 10.968
mph 63.72
1000 14.340
1/4 17.217
mph 77.50

I'd like to drop the 1/8 down to about 8.5 or 9.0 and reach about 70mph. My 1000 is so horrible, it's like the car was being pushed!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
your 60' was pretty high...correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't cutting 1 tenth there get you two tenths at the traps? If so you should be able to get considerably lower times...I've hit a 2.3 60 with street tires [email protected] 20 lbs, not that it makes that much difference but who knows, like mike (ilfocus) is always saying, its all about practice man, were talking about practice...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think your tire pressures are too low. The rears should be set to max recommend pressure for least amount of squat and rolling resistance. I'm not sure what's best for the fronts but too low of pessure can cause the center of the tire to cup creating less contact patch. You need to experiment with the front pressures to achive the lowest 60' time.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
with radials, usually lowest recommended pressure range is aight, maybe one or two psi below...but you'll def cup if you go much lower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts