Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying Drewzx3's Aerocharger kit. I am going to buy the flasher from focussport. Is flashing my ecu something with the right programs something I can do easily or will i need a dyno? Also I am going to get the svt maf and injectors. What boost should I run. My car has just a 2 1/4 inch exhaust and thats about it as far as engine stuff goes. Anything else I will need to know for the install? I plan on doing it myself, I have done a nitrous install before but thats about as advanced as engine stuff I have done.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You're always better off with some dyno time and a custom tune. I'd imagine there some tuners familair with what you're about to do and they probably could get you running safely, but for maximum power you'd need to get into and fine tune. A 2.5" exhaust would be a good idea and I don't see any reason why you won't be able to do the install yourself.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea where to find svt maf and injectors? Will the stock stuff with the flasher work? Or do I need a bigger maf and injectors?

I plan on having it dynoed and tuned eventually, i just want to know what I need to start out with to run safely on the street.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
You need to use an SVT MAF, or any other type of plug in MAF that you can calibrate for the larger amount of airflow, also a Stock lightning 80mm will work.

Also, look for 42lb inj's. Stock SVT's won't cut it.

- Drew

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm is the cheapest place for the injectors ford racing? Also know of anyone with a svt maf (anyone)?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im hearing mixed things on the injectors. Some say I can use the svt ones and some dont. Which is ok?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Well, the SVT's are only 2xlb'rs, so, no they should run out around 170-180whp. If they are slightly larger then you can get away with it only low/low boost. But, I wouldn't bother risking it.

Do 42lb'rs and have room to grow.

- Drew

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Actually the SVT's injectors are 30# injectors.

I got 4 flow matched 50# injectors from turbonetics for 200+ shipping.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
a base program from Focal Sport with the flasher should get you going pretty well. Also, I second the 42# injetors. They will give you more room, and you won't have to run them at such a high duty cycle as the stock SVT injectors.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Troy, do you mean a base program in addition to the 42# injectors and maf, or just the base program by itself with the turbo.

PS i dont plan on running more that 8psi with this kit.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Troy, do you mean a base program in addition to the 42# injectors and maf, or just the base program by itself with the turbo.

PS i dont plan on running more that 8psi with this kit.
you'll need to have the injectors and maf calibrated in the chip program. As for the psi number, it's really more of a power number that determins the size of injectors you'll need. Like is stated above, you'll need 42#ers when you start getting close to 200whp.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I run 50# injectors at 305whp, and there is still room to grow

Stock fuel rail, stock fuel pump.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I don't know how many SCT dealers are close to you, but if you talk to Randy, he may be able to send you a base tune with whatever injectors/maf combo you decide to go with. He did it for me, sent me a base program for my aerocharger kit so that it would safely run enough to get it to a dyno to fine tune. He doesn't like doing mail order tunes, but Can't hurt to ask.

also, you might be able to use yoru stock maf, but just put it in a bigger housing. I think a few people on here have done that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts