Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lighting is giving me trouble so the pics don't show either the car or the lights very well, especially since the car is black :p

there's a lot more to come on this car. i'm going to be using some Focus RS parts on the interior, i may upgrade the seats, a new hood, a body kit, rims, new taillights (smoked euro style), exhaust, and of course....in less than three weeks the subs are going in - 2 JL Audio 10W6s and a JL "Big Block" 1000/1 amp. i'm also considering turbocharging the car. i'd like to see it hit the ~250 HP range.

already done is a neon installation on the interior, new Kenwood KDCX769 head unit, Boston Pro Audio NX67 speakers in front and NX87 in back, a JL Audio 300/4 amp, and a custom switch panel for the neons.

i know it's not very good yet, but it will be.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, we set it up so it wouldn't be one of those obnoxious neon kits you see everywhere - the tubes in the front and rear mainly serve to accent the grilles and the side tubes are just providing a little glow underneath.

plus, i hate it when people put them out as far as they can to get maximum lighting, but the result is that you can see the tube itself.

thanks for the compliment

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
What kit is that? Looks good man.
L8er Jon

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very nice job mounting those underbody's man, i know what you mean about people showing their tubes, looks like $#!t. Your grilles look phat with those neons, any pics of your interior setup yet?
Keep it up man, looks clean

EDIT: Just noticed, looks like you're usin' the shorty tubes on the sides, or is it just the photo angle?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the kit is a blue series by street glow. i like it, it was a fairly easy install and the tubes are nice and bright.

the tubes on the sides are 48", it's just the angle and lighting that makes the glow seem to be as small as it is. if anyone has any suggestions on how to get some better lighting to show both the car and neons better, i'd much appreciate it.

if anyone else is doing this kind of project, here's a useful tidbit - to mount the tube in the front we actually had to take off the plastic radiator dust cover and cut a large portion of it. we kept the piece that was actually protecting the radiator and threw out the rest, since it wasn't doing anything. a very easy way to mount the tube without having to drill straight into the front bumber is to actually mount the tube clamps with the bolts that secure the radiator dust cover. keeps them very high up, protecting them from road crap, and accents the grille from top to bottom. because the bulk of the plastic cover is also gone, it lets a lot of the glow out from the bottom.

my interior setup is still under...ahem...construction at the moment - i have 5 more red lights to mount and wire, plus run the wiring for the JL Audio 300/4 and 500/1 amplifiers. if anyone could tell me where i can get the power supply for the amplifiers through the firewall, i would reeaaallly appreciate it.

thanks again for all the compliments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts