Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember this topic, well i finally got a little something to show to prove that this is actually in the works at PMLI. It's only a computer rendering of the cover that they are producing but I promise there will be more to come and as soon as I get more pics and I will post them for everyone to see.

PS- I hope I did this right.

·
Registered
201 Posts
make it yellow and have it say "zetec" on the top side(side without the oil cap) and 2.0L on the other with a yellow oil cap i would be one happy person

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aftershock192:
make it yellow and have it say "zetec" on the top side(side without the oil cap) and 2.0L on the other with a yellow oil cap i would be one happy person
<hr></blockquote>

You're going to be able to buy them painted or polished aluminum and custom engraved if you want. Anyone else have suggestions, lets hear 'em.

·
Registered
201 Posts
any ballpark figure on price this is going to be pimp

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I know anything you'll see it here. If anyone is interested in this part to top off your Zetec, post your interest here and now. When I know the price I'll post it, and like I said before more pics will be coming soon.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by blksonyfoci:
carbon fiber please!
<hr></blockquote>

Carbon fiber will not be an option. They primarily manufacture aluminum parts.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dfocusin- I don't know exactly when but I'll post when I know more.
NacronSE- the little heatsink grooves will be an option and paint is your choice of course.

Questions and suggestions , keep em coming!

·
Registered
251 Posts
any way you can make one with a lexan or simaler clear material where you can see the valve train?????
for racing apps this would be very handy!!!

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by phordman:
any way you can make one with a lexan or simaler clear material where you can see the valve train?????
for racing apps this would be very handy!!!
<hr></blockquote>

Double that with those clear hoods, and you would have one interesting show car...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay guys I just added another pic. This is the LOM fitup on my car. I know it looks like it's made out of wood but really it's made from layers and layers of paper cut and glued together by a computer. This is what they will cast from when the it reaches that stage. Josh the head engineer on the project assured me all the engineering must be very precise so as not to cause any leaks or hamper the movement of any internal moving parts. So you can be sure he is taking his job very seriously. On top of that quality engineered and manufactured right here in the USA.
Any other questions or comments?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i'll take one please
the clear would be interested but get messy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
As I wrote in another post, I'm not thrilled with plastic parts on my engine (no flames please, preferences of an old engine builder) so, if you make an aluminum one that doesn't leak...I'll buy one. Ford blue if you paint it, otherwise I can paint it myself. Thanks.

Bobby

1 - 20 of 85 Posts