Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Spal power window kit about 2 years ago in my Focus and its held up well, except for the switches. THe ones included are cheap and fell aprt on me. So I hunted these bad boy switches down.

These toggles have built in relays.
(Momentary On)-Off-(Momentary On)
DPDT 20A Stainless Steel Toggles $7.78 EA
I think they look pretty good, and much more solid feeling now.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
hell yeh they look good...

good job keepin that clean, so many people would have indulged in the shiny bright lit switches with covers

-chris

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Awesome man! can't wait to see the install in person!

·
Registered
719 Posts
what did you do with the existing door swithches?? did you make a cover plate for them?

·
Registered
719 Posts
oh, and they look good, great idea... you should have gone crazy and put some neon back lit swithches in there!!

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you do with the existing door swithches?? did you make a cover plate for them?
I had aftermarket switches from Spal in the firstplace so I had cut a hole to put the mounting plate in. Now I need to fiberglass over the hole and make it look original again. These switches cant be used to replce the stocksetup.

oh, and they look good, great idea... you should have gone crazy and put some neon back lit swithches in there!!
Trust me, I searched all day for an LED illumintated switch that is rated at 20A and is DPDT and (on)off(on). Go ahead and try,
I have an LED under my armrest that shines down on them pretty nicely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts