1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
oh wow that wing is unreal

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Damn that's pretty ugly the way they have it painted up. It looks like that have decided that the focus can't do what they need so they are just slapping on some pieces in the hope it lasts until they can replace it.
Don't think I'll be making a replica of that one.

[ 04-10-2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Euro Ford Fan ]

·
Registered
694 Posts
Form follows function. If it is faster, then it is more beautiful. I personaly think it looks significantly more agressive. Almost a differnt car. Very cool.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the new design... I think they should make them look more like the stock car witch would get rid of the god awful pug's

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
No offense to anyone, but its amazing how misinformation flies.

MP5A4_HK:

That is only a bumper treatment. The 04 will be a complete redesign and WRC might not see it the first season.

evil derf :

The Puma was discontinued last year. They still use them in some of the lower ranks of WRC but not with the bigger cars. I think the car has to be current to be in WRC.

Whats puzzling to me about this new car is that they made the bumpers bigger and further from the car just like the US foci. But why? Peugot does it to follow the rules of length of the car. But the WRC focus had no problem passing those rules with the stock Euro bumpers on it. Very strange.... especially the rear SVT bumper.

·
Registered
468 Posts
the new wrc rules that the rear wing cant be farther out of the back of the car than the bumper so naturally they extended the bumper.

·
Registered
364 Posts
so is the biggest wing ever conceived functional?? or dis they just put it there to intimidate.

seriously, that thing is HUGE

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Same deal with the front bumper. Bigger size gives them more room to develop an aero package.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by P-51:
Same deal with the front bumper. Bigger size gives them more room to develop an aero package.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Isn't that why one make has an aero advantage this year in NASCAR (Chevy I think?)? The front bumper extends out further and forms a little ledge.

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts
I'm diggin the new WRC Focus but I cant' help thinking that a company like APC is gonna start making those wings

It looks like the new Focus is doing well so far

lets go red wings!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah let's go Wings

I just happen to be wearing my Detroit jersey today.

[ 04-11-2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: robbyracer ]

·
Registered
849 Posts
thats the SVTF rear bumper in wide style
bitchin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts