Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock exhaust is about ready to be changed.
So the smart money has me replacing it and getting it upgraded at the same time, ie kill 2 birds with one stone.

I however have no clue what so ever as to what I need to be asking about this.

As usual im hoping the Jet will be able to help

Really I need to know what it all means? If I get a full system will the cat be changed as well? (I need to keep it road legal)

I also want it to remain quiet, but still get the gains that are associated with exhausts. (Is this possible?)

Like I said im new to this bit so please be the usual gentle jetters.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
any "cat-back" system retains the stock cat.... 99% of the exhaust systems are designed to be bolted up to the cat... so its all good.

Take a look at the FocusSport Exhaust with the "quiet" package. Everyone I know loves it for its performance gains, as well as its proximity to being as quiet as stock. I can tell the difference, but its definately much better than most others out there in terms of sound.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
like i always recommend, go with yodude exhaust. get the stainless 2.25" catback system with any muffler of your choice. i would recommend magnaflow muffler. that will give u a real nice sound. not too loud. all cat back system will keep u legal. the system i just mentioned is $285 plus shipping of 25 bucks i believe. how much money are you looking to spend. i would pick up the yodude flexpipe at the same time. if u want some serious gains u can go with a header and highflow cat pipe in additon to complete the full system. this is all street legal and you will not need 02 cheaters. once again, i am not sure if your into anything serious or how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by BigSteve:
My stock exhaust is about ready to be changed.
So the smart money has me replacing it and getting it upgraded at the same time, ie kill 2 birds with one stone.

I however have no clue what so ever as to what I need to be asking about this.

As usual im hoping the Jet will be able to help

Really I need to know what it all means? If I get a full system will the cat be changed as well? (I need to keep it road legal)

I also want it to remain quiet, but still get the gains that are associated with exhausts. (Is this possible?)

Like I said im new to this bit so please be the usual gentle jetters.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Apex'i World Sport Exhausts were designed by Apex'i as the exhaust they think should have been equipped on the car from the factory. The exhaust gets all the gains from a 60mm (2.4in) exhaust piping with straight through mufflers. It also has an amazing titianium powerdercoated stainless steel that will last forever. The sound seems to only get better and better, there is no highway drone. It sounds very powerful outside the car, but little can be heard inside. I honestly think this should have come stock on the car.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I would say that if you have the money go with the hks.. This would have to be the best money I have spent on my ride yet.. Not loud at all as a matter of fact is pretty quiet but still has a noticable sound.. My aem cai is louder than the exhaust but once you add a header and flexpipe the whole thing sounds great.. Plus no rice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts