Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Iam thinking about getting a 2003 zx3(former honda guy). My only concern is that I would like the car to do low 14's high 13's quater miles(n/a and daily driven). I am I dreaming... If that isnt possible how long will it be untill turbo kits are relased for the zx3.

Could you point me in the right direction on parts and companies that are the best to help me reach my goal. Thanks for your help

Troy

·
Registered
446 Posts
There are several turbo kits released for focus for quite a while. The one that I know is gude turbo kit and F-max turbo kit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
if ya get a Turbo, stay away from Gude....their products are crap....my friend purchased their turbo, and I purchased their head package....both crap crap crap.....he ended up custom buildin his kit, and I ended up doin the same to my head package. But yea.....Focus Central is a great place ta start

·
Registered
446 Posts
I never know that gude turbo kit is that crap. But I am sure that F-max turbo kit is WOW.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do a search for either aerocharger or Tom Turbo. Both kits are pretty good...so I hear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i also am a neebie at perfermance parts. but i was woundering what to get first and second .... and so on any info is a great help i have a zts sedan

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Its a good idea to kind of decide which way you want to go-N/A or FI before you start modifying your car. I went one way before changing my direction. N/A can be more challenging to get good power, but it can be done. FI is more expensive but has much more potential for ultimate power gain.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
havent been payin close attention, but isnt the 2.3L mazda based engine in the focus in '03 or '04?

-Ult

·
Registered
397 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
havent been payin close attention, but isnt the 2.3L mazda based engine in the focus in '03 or '04?

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">not in the 03 maybe the 04, but i thought it wasn't going to be in the focus until it got redesigned i could be wrong though

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The 2.3 is going in the 2003 Focus models sold in the Clean Air states. Rumor has it it and a 2.0 version will replace the Zetec and SPI motors for 2004, with a variant of it in the 2004 SVT models.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you are looking at going forced induction the F-Max turbo kit is probably the most efficient turbo on the market. A guy in Arizona just put it on his sedan( go into dezert focus forum, there are pics). if you want to stay NA focus central is the way to go. Either way you go i wish you good luck in your venture, and i hope you have a lot of money to spend to get the car to 13 sec, cuz it aint cheap!!!!

-geoff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what kind of money do you think it would take to hit 13's (n/a)... and would the f-max kit be enough to hit 13's? Thanks for the help

Troy

·
Registered
133 Posts
13's N/A will be costly ask Nazthug about the price I don't know myself but if you are looking at FI I would go with Turbo Tom's kit only kit that produces 300+ hp and is a complete kit.

P. Roach

·
Registered
104 Posts
if ya get a Turbo, stay away from Gude....their products are crap....my friend purchased their turbo, and I purchased their head package....both crap crap crap.....he ended up custom buildin his kit, and I ended up doin the same to my head package. But yea.....Focus Central is a great place ta start

1 - 16 of 16 Posts