Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I broke ANOTER bolt (no laughing Jason!), this time it was on the rotor. I think...youll see what I mean. I was trqing down my lug nuts when putting my stock wheels back on after the track. Then BAM!! Broke one in half...half in the lug nut, half sticking out of the rotor. My question is....is the part I need to buy the rotor? Does the rotor have the 4 bolts coming off of it I need? What else will I need to do? Do I have to just replace the one rotor or should I do both sides? Thanks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
You need to buy 1 wheel stud. Probably a nut as well. No the rotor does not have the studs in it. The hub does.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you very much. Ok, you say I need to buy a wheel stud? By nut, do you mean lug nut? Could you ballpark what this would cost me? So, I just need a wheel stud, and a nut (lug nut?) Thanks for the reply. Does this wheel stud have to be svt focus specific, or are these pretty universial? I know the lug nut is svt specific. Thanks again!
Also, for the time being I went to auto zone and got a m12x1.5 lug nut. Nothing fancy, looks like a regular nut. How long should I use this? Is it safe to be using it...I will be driving over 300 miles tomorrow while I am moving. Oh, and I got the lug nut on the stud because there was enough thread left to do so. I know this cant be too safe, but since it did go on just like regular, and I was able to trq it down to 80ft pounds I went ahead and left the lug nut on I got from autozone...should I be good to go tomorrow?
Just noticed this should probably be in the wheel/tire section..please move if needed.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ballpark figure, not a penny over $10.00
And about 30 minutes to change it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts