Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newly modded and dyno\'d focus!

Last weekend I installed a bunch of bolt ons on one of my customers cars. Originally he wanted to do all appearance mods, but after a ride in my car decided he wanted power. He had a limited budget like many focus owners no more than $ 1700 and a goal, 140 fwhp.

Heres the mods list:
FC Intake -new-
FC Throttle body -new-
FC Cam gears -new-
FC UDP set -new-
Crower stage 2 cams -used-
JBA shorty header -used-
Random tech cat pipe -used-
Trubendz 2.5" SS Flexpipe -new-
MBRP SS 2.5" cat back exhaust -new-

Started friday around noon and everything was installed by saturday afternoon.

Well, we went to the dyno today and did a bunch of runs. We came away with a nice setting of +2 intake side and -4 exhaust side. Making 140 fwhp and 137 fwtq. We made much more peak hp and tq but this car has no chip, so to retain drivability and a smooth idle we set it conservatively. The gains as you will see in the pics are nice and smooth.

Here is a link to his dyno plot:
http://home.earthlink.net/~sbender10/_uimages/firstdyno001.jpg

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: Newly modded and dyno\'d focus!

Nice numbers, gives me kind of a heads up on what kind of power I can get off of those bolt ons. I started out just wanting to go with apperance, but now I am craving more power
Can't wait for my tax return

·
Registered
133 Posts

Originally posted by Focaltech01:
Last weekend I installed a bunch of bolt ons on one of my customers cars. Originally he wanted to do all appearance mods, but after a ride in my car decided he wanted power. He had a limited budget like many focus owners no more than $ 1700 and a goal, 140 fwhp.

Heres the mods list:
FC Intake -new-
FC Throttle body -new-
FC Cam gears -new-
FC UDP set -new-
Crower stage 2 cams -used-
JBA shorty header -used-
Random tech cat pipe -used-
Trubendz 2.5" SS Flexpipe -new-
MBRP SS 2.5" cat back exhaust -new-

Started friday around noon and everything was installed by saturday afternoon.

Well, we went to the dyno today and did a bunch of runs. We came away with a nice setting of +2 intake side and -4 exhaust side. Making 140 fwhp and 137 fwtq. We made much more peak hp and tq but this car has no chip, so to retain drivability and a smooth idle we set it conservatively. The gains as you will see in the pics are nice and smooth.

Here is a link to his dyno plot:
http://home.earthlink.net/~sbender10/_uimages/firstdyno001.jpg
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You made some good money how about paying Jeremy????

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

hey dood if u've got a beef with someone.... take it to PM... in fact... it ain't even your money.... so let them setlle it... mmmkay... this is the second thread that i've see you do this in... good way to earn yourself a vacation....

·
Registered
155 Posts

I hear the Bahammas are nice this time of the year

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

Originally posted by BUR_ZX3:
hey dood if u've got a beef with someone.... take it to PM... in fact... it ain't even your money.... so let them setlle it... mmmkay... this is the second thread that i've see you do this in... good way to earn yourself a vacation....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">D00d .. thats not cool. If he used you for 1200 bucks im sure you wouldnt have that response either.

If anything focaljet should ban him untill he realizes he should stop scamming people.

G

·
0 Posts

I agree.Take it elsewhere.This isnt the place.
i hope to make it to the dyno this weekend so see how i did. just finshed installing the FCRH 4-2-1 and bosal flex pipe.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

Originally posted by tdot-zx3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by BUR_ZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">D00d .. thats not cool. If he used you for 1200 bucks im sure you wouldnt have that response either.

If anything focaljet should ban him untill he realizes he should stop scamming people.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">W3rd,Ban Him or Pay Up

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

just noticed something. has anyone noticed how it leans out real bad around 5 and just above grand?

anyone noticed that torque drops significantly at or around 5 grand?

do you think there's any correlation between these two dips on the map?

just a curiosity of mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts