Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
We are working on a joint venture with SVTOA at Buttonwillow November 5. Got the ok from Nik and Chris now need to get a commitment from SVTOA but as they were asking and offering its pretty much a done deal.

If done as proposed it will run on sunday, with redlines guys doing timing and results happening the next week.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Damn, two people were thinking the same thing at the same time. :lol:

Sounds good Allan, I'll try and be out there, hopefully it will be a little cooler this time. :eek:

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I'm going to make an effort to be here.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
^^ Excellent. :D

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Gotta work that weekend, so no bueno for me.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Still waiting for the rest of the directors to respond. They feel the need to clear it with insurance.

Id love some competitive foci to run some quick laps, and show the potencial of the car to the largely Mustang crowd. I hope to have the BDX mustangs totally dialed by then, and the Fox platforms mods largely done.

Its a good event. Gets some media, and of course Buttonwillow is just that. Buttonwillow!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well you all know that I am and it will be great practice for the Modified mag, redline time attack in Dec.
We all need to sign up to show all the Mustang guys that a little 4 banger can get aroud Buttonwillow just fine.
Scottish.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
scottishsvt said:
Well you all know that I am and it will be great practice for the Modified mag, redline time attack in Dec.
We all need to sign up to show all the Mustang guys that a little 4 banger can get aroud Buttonwillow just fine.
Scottish.
hehe.. we did that pretty well the first time we met up with them. And that was when we were NA.

Buttonwillow is definately a faster track however and the mustangs will be more in their element.

I hope I can make it. I'm defiantely aching to drive again.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Well Airforce ran a 2:09 and Scott at 2:11 so that would smoke about 90% of the Mustangs. I will be sure to mention personally and have the lead (Mike Peters) mention not to block and let pass the lower hp cars (drivers meeting and during the day). Although these days, some of the Modified Focus enjoy a similar power to weight as the '96 to '04 Mustangs. Never mind the braking advantages.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
100 BILLION DOLLARS!!

(actually it's usually about 150 hehe )

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
IIRC, SVTOA Events are closer to $250 for the day.....

And you have to be an SVTOA Member.... although I dunno how that works anymore since SVTOA ceased to exist July 1......

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
OH yea I forgot SVTOA charges more.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Official pricing will be out within the week. I am under the impression that is will be a little cheeper than Todds post. Joining SVTOA is currently free. Timers should be available and be 30.00 per day. Youll need one for the FC.

SVTOA still exists and has open enrollment to all Ford vehicles (as they should).
SVT however is now "Ford Performance", which is an umbrella for several departments.

[ think Dezert racers will have to make a run out for this one too./QUOTE]

That would be real cool. Try to get there for the full weekend. I believe Friday is a test and tune day, if your there, and want some help, BDX will be there with its ususally gaggle of folks and equipment.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts