Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this over at blueoval news:

An individual, who posts on several other boards and generally provides accurate information, has stated that Ford is considering putting the next generation Lincoln LS on the Mazda 6 platform. Does anyone know anything about this? Here is the source of this information - http://cheersandgears.com/boards/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4537 and http://www.thecarconnection.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18&PARENT_ID=55001

Although 90 percent of the posts on these forums are foolishness, this guy AH-HA usually knows what he is talking about.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know at one time Lincoln wanted to make a smaller car then the current LS, but with its current re-org with Mercury those plans might have changed. On one of the DG he linked too people where calling the possible new LS a Caddy Cimmerion. I would image that the new platform would be able to do RWD in addition to FWD and AWD if they wanted to since Ford and everyone else is going over to a more flexible platform architecture.

·
Registered
744 Posts
i doubt if the current LS platform will "downgrade" to the mondeo/6/xtype platform, maybe a baby linc LS will be shared w/the mondeo/6/xtype platfrom to compete against the bmw 3', audi a4's etc......

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Ah, the internet. Always a good source of reliable info!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I've been talking with AH-HA for a few years now, on various boards.

This guy knows what he is talking about, everything he has ever said that I can remember has come true.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I wouldn't see using the same platform as the Jag X Type a "down grade" hell they already share the same engine, give or take some cc's. Not to mention the Euro spec Mazda 6 will be out soon with AWD so running a true RWD or combo must be possible with the current 6 platform.
Have you driven a 6 yet? It is the closest thing to a BMW 3 series that I have driven and it saves you about $10K!!!
Great car for the money.
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts