Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an up-close view of an European Ghia 4-door Focus this weekend being tested in Arizona. I checked all that I could and here are my findings.

5-lug 16" wheels
New dashboard layout (ugly)

That's about it...yeah not too exciting...

The car had riveted body colored flares, a welded on exhaust, and small square headlights fitted into the stock light housing (odd). I think it was a diesel but I really couldn't tell.

Those that doubt. Trust me it was a euro ghia focus I've been around.

For some reason this Focus (actually 2 of them) was traveling with a masked Volvo wagon which most likely was the new S40 or something of that size. It had a cover over it but the wind blew it off. I'd check into it more...but it is a Volvo
not worth my time.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Originally posted by Simple6:
For some reason this Focus (actually 2 of them) was traveling with a masked Volvo wagon which most likely was the new S40 or something of that size. It had a cover over it but the wind blew it off. I'd check into it more...but it is a Volvo
not worth my time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">To bad you didn't think the Volvo was worth your time. Volvo will probably get the hottest version of the C1 platform, being a 300HP AWD M3/S4 competiter. You might have seen it, but you let your prejudices of Volvo get in the way. Shame on you.

Volvo kicks ass, and don't your forget it.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
so the s40 is gonna get the t5 engine?

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
colin, long time no hear. were they the white focuses?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've seen a bunch of Volvos lately piloted by some very attractive women, thereby improving my opinion of this company.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shut up about the Volvos! It was a basic farking Volvo you big nerds..not some fantasy euro hot rod that you have wet dreams about owning some day.

Yeah John it was two white ones. Have they been spotted before? The 5-lug wheels threw me off.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Big nerds????

Dem is fightin' words. I'll **** you up son....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Originally posted by focusdchaos:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Simple6:
not worth my time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">To bad you didn't think the Volvo was worth your time. Volvo will probably get the hottest version of the C1 platform, being a 300HP AWD M3/S4 competiter. You might have seen it, but you let your prejudices of Volvo get in the way. Shame on you.

Volvo kicks ass, and don't your forget it.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hell Ya Volvo's kick ass.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Originally posted by Simple6:

Yeah John it was two white ones. Have they been spotted before? The 5-lug wheels threw me off.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know that some white euro focuses have been spotted over here with some flares bolted on, i can't find the threads though. someone had pics

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Originally posted by sicko:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Simple6:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know that some white euro focuses have been spotted over here with some flares bolted on, i can't find the threads though. someone had pics</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">wait you said 4 door, duh. no what i'm remembering were zx3s

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by sicko:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know that some white euro focuses have been spotted over here with some flares bolted on, i can't find the threads though. someone had pics</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You mean the white turbo workhorse? That's over at SVT's parking lot in Dearborn.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
A guy at Ramchargers told me they just converted the white one to AWD. I don't believe him... any truth to it?

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
So no? I ran out there when Drew or somebody said it was, and it wasn't. So I'm not holding my breath. It's so annoying with all these rumors flying around.

A friend I trust with my life, has seen something pretty cool around a non-descript building in the area. But nothing AWD yet.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:
You mean the white turbo workhorse? That's over at SVT's parking lot in Dearborn.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that is the pic i'm thinking of and one of the guys here in colorado had seen two white euro focuses with flares doing some altitude testing or something. but i think he said those were zx3s also.

is that pic of the dearborn one still around?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts