Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like the word is that theres definetly going to be another jetfest.......

any thoguht about that? maybe FJ1 and the other orginizers would like to know what you didnt like about the first one to make the next one even bigger and better......

i like the testing of the powerworks cars, i wonder if that program could be expanded upon next year........ or maybe renting out a drag strip if enough were interested....

and would the location be the same? cuz i think the tirerack was a great host

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
There is a LOT of analysis going on. TireRack definitely didn't mind hosting us, and they're an option for next year. We've got a whole ton of information and suggestions to work with. JetFest 05 was almost going to be in Saint Louis right near the drag strip. It's another option for 06. We're also looking at other hotspots that will offer 'Jetters some of the best events possible.

I can tell you this: even sponsors that showed up want to be more involved, and the sponsors themselves are brainstorming events and making suggestions too. I've heard some exciting stuff, even saturday night before the event was over.

The JetFest planning committee is going to kick back though. There was so much going on behind the scenes that it's almost unfathomable. We're brainstorming while JF05 is in our heads, but we probably won't have any solid info for a while.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had a lot of fun at jetfest05 but next year we should definatly do sait louis. we got gateway and the drag strip would intrest a lot of people if we could race againts each other for fun. Thanks for putting it all together. it was a blast!!! can't wait till next year.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I would be SOOOOO into a drag race.

Scott

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If IRP's rates weren't crazy that would be awesome. they have the strip, an oval and a road course. And a ton of camping and drive in movies.

Jason

·
Registered
848 Posts
O man I have a lotta family in St. Louis. A drag strip rental would be awesome. I have also attended some go cart events at gateway international. Could you imagine being able to race on the road course??? Probably way outta the question but if that happened i wouldn't miss it for the world.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow, road course would be fun (I imagine expensive though) I think it'd be cool to run it as an HPDE. See if we could get a few instructors together and get Redline involved somehow. Maybe make it mandatory for newbies like me.

Having a party at a club (at night) and holding a glow and sound off might get more ppl involved and give us some more exposure in the community.

This is the only real suggestion...
I did both the auto-x and the rally (-and maybe it's because I got lost on both stages of the rally and came back a half hour after everyone else but-) I felt like I didn't have enough time to see the cars in the car show when they were all set up on sunday.

Oh -edit-
what happened to the tech seminar???

I think it be cool to have quickie seminars (suspension setups, tire or brake tech, etc) or a couple installs by sponsors on ppls cars who bought stuff and agreed to have the install done at JF2 (besides the stuff installed in the parking lots with flashlights after the prize giveaways)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I'll say this much, I really had a lot of fun at JetFest 05. It was a great experience for me; everyone there was so easy to get along with, and I must say Thank you to Tire Rack for letting us use their lot space to have that event. Just an idea for next year's JetFest (where ever it may be) I saw it in another thread someone said about having a night compitition where you can show off your neon's, interior lighting, etc etc. Also It would of been nice if all of the model's were with the same models so judging would of been easier for us. Anyway, I dont want to get into to much detail here, but those are just some of my thoughts for next year. I cant wait for it!

-Matt

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
like strugis for foci without the naked girls
can we work on that for next year?

·
Registered
316 Posts
withOUT nekid girls? Hu? I mean really whats the point. Without the nudity, drinking, and crazyness... Sturgis sucks!

Ive been out there, and the nekid chicks make it. I mean saying no nekid chicks is like saying "lets have mardigras without [censored] - for some reason saying another term for dirty pillows is censored
!"

It just dont work!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just thinking of possible locations

How about Tail of the Dragon.

Look it up on the net. Something like 11 mile long road in the mountains and it has 150+ curves.

I have never been there though it is something I just need a cheap excuse to do.

froom the right seat
dam3816
<//><

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
There is a LOT of analysis going on. TireRack definitely didn't mind hosting us, and they're an option for next year. We've got a whole ton of information and suggestions to work with. JetFest 05 was almost going to be in Saint Louis right near the drag strip. It's another option for 06. We're also looking at other hotspots that will offer 'Jetters some of the best events possible.

I can tell you this: even sponsors that showed up want to be more involved, and the sponsors themselves are brainstorming events and making suggestions too. I've heard some exciting stuff, even saturday night before the event was over.

The JetFest planning committee is going to kick back though. There was so much going on behind the scenes that it's almost unfathomable. We're brainstorming while JF05 is in our heads, but we probably won't have any solid info for a while.
NICE

can't wait...1year from now, where ever it is...I will be at the one and only JETFEST 06

saving my miles for it

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A Taurus SHO group I am associated with got Putnam Road Course in Indianapolis for one day then IRP for drag racing the next, understand it was a hell of a good time.

do you know how much a weekend like this would run per person for the racing at both of those venues?>

·
Registered
641 Posts
I could ask the organizer of that event.

I know at Putnam they got it for the entire morning. They had 3 or 4 different classes they put the shows in and each person got at least 4 races in that lasted around 15 minutes each.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm still voting for St. Louis. We have a drag strip with a lot that is easily 3 times the size of Tire Racks. On top of that, there are a plethora of dance clubs, bars, pool halls, and gentlemen's clubs in the immeadiate vicinity of the track. On top of that, you also get to see the Gateway Arch, (every highway that runs anywhere near St. Louis can see it), and of course, I wouldn't have to drive far.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THROW A JETFEST '06

I missed this one because of school because we seriously can't miss one day of school at WyoTech if we want to get a job after school.

I WOULD EVEN HELP SETTING UP JETFEST '06 if possible.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts