Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The stock ignition system is perfectly acceptable for making well in excess of 300hp.

I agree with papasmurfzx3, an underdrive pully is not only cheap but very effective.

·
Registered
138 Posts
finish your exaust with a race header and a flex pipe(focus- central)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Believe me ur gonna wanna def. get the FC 65mm throttle body.

Its prob gonna give u the most bang for the buck.like 4whp

·
Registered
228 Posts
i don't understand all these people who advocate getting the 65mm TB. unless you replace the mass air pipe as well you are only going to get better throttle response, NOT more power. the mass air pipe is the most restrictive part of the air intake. if you want better throttle response just bore out the stock TB and buy a UDP and save yourself $130 bucks. unless of course you plan on replacing the mass air pipe as well. then the 65mm TB is worth a damn.

·
Registered
140 Posts
MAC udp at www.poorboysperformance.com i think mine was like $75 shipped w/ the belt. i think that would be the best mod for your money. then maybe a motor mount bushing for the extra jump off the line for $17.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by donszx3:
finish your exaust with a race header and a flex pipe(focus- central)<hr></blockquote>

with the mods he has now those really won't help his numbers at all...especially if he can't tune the car... i would say a UDP or cam gears...but its ur car..so

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you have a good mechanic, and a dyno near by, get cam gears, if not get the udp.

Miguel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts