Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im contmplating what i should get for my 3rd mod, im in the process of ordering the MBRP exhaust system and AEM CAI whaich from what i hear are pretty easy installations... what would be the next performance mod i should get that is realatively cheap and easy to install for someone who has little to no experiance working on cars (i dont want a chip, and i have an automatic
...sux 4 me)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why not get a new TB? Could install it same time your doing your CAI.

I just did my CAI this weekend, real simple, took about an hour.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
1) Port you stock TB it's very easy and takes less than 5mins. Cost $2 for some epoxy.
2)Go for Cam Gears they make a huge difference.

The install isn't that hard, just make sure you are careful when you remove your plugs. I had the porcelain insulator break on one and didn't realize it until I had pulled out 90% of my hair believing I had messed up the cam gear install.

Gears are Great

[ 11-11-2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Euro Ford Fan ]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont you have to take the wole engine out to do cam gears?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Originally posted by xtreme1227:
dont you have to take the wole engine out to do cam gears?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope your cam gears are at the top of the engine between your coolant tank and valve cover. The are under the black cover. The install takes an hour going slowly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey euro ford fan... how is your exhaust i notice you have the mbrp... is it noticably diffrent from stock?... sounding and performance wise?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Originally posted by xtreme1227:
hey euro ford fan... how is your exhaust i notice you have the mbrp... is it noticably diffrent from stock?... sounding and performance wise?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I love the look, I love the sound it's just what I wanted. Click me for a sound clip of my car. It's louder, but the best part is that it really frees up the engine to rev faster.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice sound dude... any thing else done to the engine besides that?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i have the MBRP and really like it except for the "extra" noise I have gotten when I put on JBA headers and the Random tech cat-made it real buzzy and obnoxious. I had an additional resonator installed that removed the "bad" sound.
I don't know what's involved in porting the stock throttle body, as described in several threads here, but to be honest it sounds like a low buck solution (which isn't necessarily bad)that is a real compromise on quality. I would worry about the epoxy not being a reliable seal over time and possibly some of it falling into the intake. Could be wrong here-give me your opinion.
The 65MM TB is such a nice piece of work and works well and looks so cool! It made a real difference on my car when I put it on. Just about the best bang for the buck of all the mods I have added to my car.

2000 ZX3 JRSC, 65MM TB, MAFS, MBRP, Random Tech, modified Volant, JBA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts