Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we going to see them play this year? I sure hope so. Seeing this happen again is incredibly frustrating - it almost broke the league last time and has an even better chance of doing so this time. Why wouldn't the players flock to the KHL where they can play this year, get paid well for it, and then not care to come back? This is especially true for the many players that are from that side of the pond. It is silly that pro sports keep coming to this same juncture over and over and over again. I was really looking forward to this season - every year, I make at least a handful of Blackhawks games, but usually only 1 at the United Center partially because we like to see new arenas/cities and partially because we like to sit up front and paying 3x face for up front at Chicago is silly. I always buy tickets at the last minute and always get stuck with big scalping. This year, I was smart enough to plan ahead and buy good tickets to games on ticket release day for face value. As it is likely to turn out, those tickets are worth precisely nothing - screwed again. :-(

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, no interest in the NHL this year, huh? lol. I got an email from the Blackhawks notifying me that if the season is postponed, my tickets will not be refunded, but rather they'll be pushed to a later game. That is complete BS.... I picked the games that I picked for a reason - I don't want to see random teams on random dates, especially since I am not local. Looks like I am going to be fighting for refunds.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
I've just been so mad I can't really talk about it like an adult. So I ignore it and hope they'll get their heads out of each other's asses and let us have hockey back.

·
9,786 Posts
Well, there will be hockey on TV. ESPN has reached an agreement with the KHL to show games. Interested in seeing how this goes.

Oh, and I'm going to the first SF Bulls (ECHL) game tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
NFL brings in temp refs and the media calls for the commissioner to resign...

NHL commissioner puts the season into 3 lockouts in 20 years. nah he's okay to stay...

GET THE ****OUT BETTMAN... and you too owners and players who are being greedy ****s!

·
9,786 Posts
Still no hockey, Pretty sure we won't be seeing any till 2013 as more and more names depart for Europe.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I think a decision has to be made by the end of next week. If they cancel Dec. games, then it's all done. Hockey is my favorite sport. But after the other stick and ball sports went through their delays and strikes, I'm kind of disinterested right now. I'm hardly following my local minor league team this year, the Providence Bruins. I've been watching more college games lately.

·
9,786 Posts
Negatory. How many of those players will take a shot to the head at 100mph, get stitched up and jump right out there to keep playing?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Just read the news and my Facebook feed has been flooded since 7am! Im so pumped I just bought platinum level seats at the AAC here in Dallas for the first Stars game on Jan 17th!!! Only 63$ a seat off stub hub! GOOOO STARS!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
49 Posts
About damn time. I actually unsubbed from my Blues notifications hahaha Will have to check it out, I had given up all hope of NHL playing..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Presuming the CBA passes the vote, ESPN sources state it will be a 48-game season and it may start on January 19.

Edit: Owners voting on the CBA will be done on Wednesday.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Now all we need is for the sale of the Coyotes to Greg Jamison to be completed and I will be happier than Gallagher in a Farmer's Market!!

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My first tickets ended up falling against the Kings in mid February. That should be a pretty fun game. I am looking forward to it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts