Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Nissan Design America is located right up the street from my work. They've always got a tractor-trailor parked right in the middle of the road during loading and unloading of vehicles, usually nothing fancy smancy. But occasionally they have a covered trailor attached to that trailor because they are transporting things that people aren't necessarily supposed to see. Pretty cool. All the way around the back 3/4 of the building there is a huge steel fence covered with black material so you can't see in. Extra special top secret stuff I'm guessing. So anyway, talking to some coworkers, this is where some of the new development happens and new ideas come to fruition.

So today, coming back from lunch, they are unloading a semi with a double decker car carrier trailer on the back. Two 300zx's, 3 240s, and 3 280s. Taking them into the back part of the building. Wonder what the heck they are up to back there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There have been rumors of nissan releasing a datsun line similar to toyota's scion line.

I'd love to see it!

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
an affordable RWD Nissan? yes, please!

Mike

·
Registered
275 Posts
Rwd hot hatch please, power nothing. I'm in...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Maybe some of the kids my age would believe Datsun was a Nissan brand if they brought it back. They need a new 510 for sure. A new 240Z that goes far away from the bloated luxury "sports" touring car that the current 350Z is would be nice also. Both need to be lightweight RWD.
Wonder why they needed 240's and 280's... they are really similar with only relativly minor styling changes inside, out, or mechanicaly.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Do a modern version of a 510 (PLEASE keep the weight down) and I'm there.
Don't even say that Ron.. I would need to sell my computer along with alot of other things that I have to get it and I wouldn't be able to post here anymore because the power was off.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Maybe they wanted to show their designers what a Nissan USED to be. God knows they have completely lost their way now.

As I recall Nissan has a garage full of cars in California somewhere....it could have been for something like that too.

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts

I'd be all over a modern 510 in a heartbeat

·
Banned
1,566 Posts

I'd be all over a modern 510 in a heartbeat
yeah if they used teh exact same body.. new stiffer chassis... good engine (poss turbo) and rwd...

but they wont... if they did make a new one, it wouldnt be the same body and probably wouldnt look so good

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I like the idea of a two-door Datsun Shoebox playing with Elises.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My guess is that they will be doing a commercial and want examples of their sporting car history. It's not like they need the cars to do research.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
My guess is that they will be doing a commercial and want examples of their sporting car history. It's not like they need the cars to do research.
/agree

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

lol, exactly what i was thinking.

·
I have a golden finger
1,834 Posts
i heard soemthign about a year ago, that nissan was buying back peoples 280s...never knew why....but apparently like everyone else, i miss my 510...

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
/agree
Update:

Last Thursday (late update, but I was in Vegas all weekend, fofgive me) a new semi was parked in front of the building. It had approx 5 Scions (xA's and xB's, no tC's) on the back and a Datsun race truck (roll cage, numbers, sponsor stickers, slicks in the back). I have now seen employees driving several 510s to and from lunch breaks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts