Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been running a 50 shot for awhile with no problem this weekend at fun ford i ran a 75 shot...i do have the fs/sct chip and one of the dials is to pull timing for fuel...anyways i ran a time trial just fine and ran a 14.4 but i went down a couple times and the 3rd time i was doing fine untill about 3rd gear and then the car just totally lost power and seemed to be running real rich and black smoke came out....i cleared all the lines and checked the jets and went down the track the next time with a full bottle... it was pullin real hard until about 3rd gear again and it was still pulling but then all of a sudden the nitrous just gave up totally and i lost b/c i dialed a 14.55 and end up running a 15.2 b/c the n2o felt like it just stopped....the pressure was fine and it is a we kit.....any help would be fine

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
If the car was still running fine off the bottle, the only explanations that I can think of are low bottle pressure or a pinhole leak in a line somewhere allowing air into the feed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but it was like 85 plus degrees outside and the guage was in the green... is a 75 shot to big and maybe i was actually running out of fuel maybe

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ran my last 3-4 bottles with a 75 shot and no problem to handle it... The thing that may be happen is the fuel safety switch who is setting to low or not working good. If you have a air fuel gauge may be you should bypass this switch and connect the two wire each other and try a run.... If you're air fuel going red just stop it.... but if everything OK push it . If the nos doesn't seem to stop in 3rd gear that must be you problem.... Those fuel safety switch are very easy to break. Definately a 75 shot is not too big... i know some guys who running a 100 shot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i pulled the spark plugs out and well 2 of the plugs were totally destroyed and melted... what is everyone else gapping there plugs at....oh they were the azfs22c plugs and i had them gapped at factory specs

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
so i pulled the spark plugs out and well 2 of the plugs were totally destroyed and melted... what is everyone else gapping there plugs at....oh they were the azfs22c plugs and i had them gapped at factory specs
Factory spec or a little bit tighter should be fine for spray. But if you've melted electrodes, you're running very lean and probably detonating. I would check for bottom end / valve damage before you do anything else with the spray. Then figure out why you're so lean and correct that issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts