Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 1999 Focus 1.8, CL TD DI

I only bought It last night, and I was informed that the horn didn't work?
When I hit the horn, I hear a 'clicking' sound coming from the passengers side? within the Car....

Any Ideas? A fuse maybe? I'm con-fused.

Cheers!

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts
The horn probably got water in it and died, I've gone through 3 of them. Try replacing the horn....they're pretty cheap.

·
Revrent
6,101 Posts
if it clicks the fuse is good. mine did the same thing...here's a solution. I went to the local auto store and purchased for $25 long trumpet air horns and mounted them in the same places the old ones were. Works great :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Put a test meter across the horn connection..if there's power when you press the horn on the wheel, it's the horn itself, if not...further up.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The clicking is the relay, which means you're getting power. So the horn is no good. When I changed mine , I mounted it in a higher location. You can remove the front headlight for better access. Might have to extend the wires a bit. They way Ford has them, water splashes up inside. It may take a while, but eventually they get damaged.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah-Ha...

Thank you very much Terry!

This is very useful information.. I haven't managed to locate the horn, so based on your information, I think the horn is located someplace near the lights?

I'll buy a new horn, before I remove the old one. The fuses are all good, so I get it's the tooter!

Cheers in advance!

·
Revrent
6,101 Posts
behind and under the drivers side head light....at least for my 02 SVTF

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Generally behind the lower grille. Exact location may vary by year and model.
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts