Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am wondering what could it be because I hear a noise comming from my passengers tire, like if something is spinning. I thought it was the engine noise but when i brake the window of the passenger side vibrates and the noise is deeper. I was wondering if you guys have any idea what could it be and how could i check it?? thanks in advance!!!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
brake drag? are your pads worn down?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have any brake drag and the pads are not worn down, i changed them resently. A couple of months i got a broken boot and I got it changed but the stupid mechanic didnt tighted the boot enought so there was grease comming out of it, I thighten the boot and the grease stoped comming out. I am curious if the noise could be because I lost a lot of grease out of the boot and it damaged something?
I had the boot fixed myself the next day b/c the stupid mechanic was busy.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Its possible, although it sounds more like uneven wear on the rotor. make sure the rotor is flush against the knuckle. one time I got a piece of rust between the rotor and knuckle and played hell with the brakes. made that spinning noise and caused bad noise and vibration on braking.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Jack it up and try to move the wheel around to check for play. Could be a bearing foing out or a loose axle nut. Since you recently had work done on that area, it's what I would check for first. Bearings usually sound like a whirring/spinning/and sometimes grinding sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts