Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime i start my car theres a weird noise like when you turn the key to far after you have started it. Anyone have a clue what this is. Someone told me it may have been something to do with the air box because that seems to be where the noise is coming from. Its not really a big deal but i figured id throw it out there incase someone knew what i was talking about.
Thanks
james

·
Registered
734 Posts
what does it sound like?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like a scratching/suck noise. Slightly similar to the noise a car makes when you push turn the car key too far and screw the starter. BUt i know its not that because of trial and error

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Off topic, How does that Tri ax shifter work im ordered one and it should be coming within the next few days. I researched it but id like to get some feedback from you since you have it in.
thanks
james

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
if the noise only happens immediately when you start it and not again while the car is running, it could be the airbox. Just noise from the engine sucking in the air. I would rev it in neutral and see if you hear the same noise. I would also consider taking it to the dealer if this is something you haven't noticed before.

the shifter...I have one, it is great. I love it. I would do a search for steeda shifter or just shifter and you will find plenty of reviews.

·
Registered
734 Posts
yeah if its a wierd sound i would take it to the dealer and have them look at it.

Yeah i love the steeda shifter, it was easy to install, and am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has been happening since i got the car brand new, and no it doesn't continue when im revving and i have never heard it besides start up so im just going to forget about it.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts