Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noresull, is there enough room to install it without jacking the motor? seems very tight in there. is there a trick to it.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
You need to support the engine, remove the entire motor mount and either raise or lower the engine to get the pump in and out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy smokes! how much would this job run at a ford dealer? i don't have much free time with my work schedule so im leaning that way.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more questions, which motor mount or mounts , shes leaking like a sieve, about 1/4 gallon every drive .. arent there products sold at pep boys , autozone that stop small leaks? is it worth a try? noresull, your professional thoughts please. thanks

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
hey noresull

i will most likly be doing the job for mark

will removing the passenger side motormount be enough?
what about the other motor mounts?

we are just removing the pump with the 4 small scres around it. there is a cap on that piece which is leaking. we wont be replacing the whole water pump housing.

thanks for you help

chris

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Put a jack with a chunk of wood on it under the oil pan. Unbolt the front motor mount only, unbolt the 2 nuts from the engine and the 3 from the body then lift the mount out of the way. Loosen the pulley bolts, remove the belt, remove the pulley bolts and pulley, raise or lower the motor as needed to allow removal of the pulley. Unbolt the small bolts from around the pump, again raise or lower the motor to neccesitate the removal.

Install is reverse of removal.

Oh yeah, I would never use any stop leak.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man its nice to have this kind of expertise around
thanks to both of you! chris ill give you a call to find out how soon we can do it. cuz the car is desperately needed and cant be driven very far in its present shape.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a big thanks to noresull for the info and directions & also thanks to chris for helping me get the job done, couldnt have done it without him

1 - 9 of 9 Posts