Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I locked my keys in my car, which is a Focus of course. My question is, Is there a way of getting them out without calling a locksmith and without having a spare remote or key???? I need help, and in a hurry!!!! thanks!!!!

If you can get into it with a coat hanger, please let me know, or what else can i try. Thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Re: Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes,.........

Found this thread with a quick search. In short, its going to be tough:

If you have a ZX3/ZX5 (I think you do), I had very good luck with a technique I found listed here in an earlier thread when I found myself in your same predicament.

It suggested carefully wedging something between the roof and the top rear corner of the driver's door and prying out that top corner to allow a long stick to reach in to the hatch release button. It worked for me with no problems, and I haven't had any door issues since.

To protect the paint on the car during this process, I applied several layers of masking tape to the edges of the roof and door where I was going to be working. The car came out of it without a scratch. If you do happen to "permanently" bend the frame of the window out a bit in the process, once the door is open you can brace yourself against the lower portion and pull it back into line. Mine was barely pushed out, but I would have noticed it till the end of time so I fixed it.

Good luck, and since this is car related, I'm moving it to Team Pit Stop.

>8^)
ER
For future reference, Most foci lock out the hatch button when the doors are locked. The easiest way is to use two auto lockout tools called "Window Wedge" and "Caddy Killer"

Window Wedge you jam between the weatherstripping and the glass, at the bottom of the window. This allows you to see and put stuff down into the door.

Caddy Killer is a odd-shaped metal bar which goes up and under your side window, and then into your car. It has a little nub at the very end of it, which is used to press the unlock button or can be used to grab old-style "pull up" locks.

Due to the deep recess in the door handle, the focus is damn near impossible to pick.

Due to the lock bar replacement and the sheer thickness of our doors, slims jims won't work unless you have a really good one (that can be bent just right) and know exactly what you're doing.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Re: Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes,.........

I locked mine in the car with the damn thing running.

Hahaha! I had to wait three hours in the cold Feburary air for my parents to bring me my spare set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts