Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
notice 2 all interested in that setup. y he did it idk. its nader sellin that svt exhaust setup. again y he changed his name 1/2 way thru the auction is a mistery 2 me...

its the auction that naz says he 'spotted' in the thread below. i started the bidding as many of u know, i want that setup. but i'm out of it after c'g that. b 4warned...as i've seen it b4, i wouldnt b surprised if there isnt a lil bit of shill bidding goin on there 2 trumph up the price of the parts.

update: seems he did it 2 all his auctions...however if u search by his old sn...'nader6972', looky cookie the same auctions come up.

and i know some of the dealers r stewin over these auctions he's holdin, undercuttin the price on the product (most of it new) than what the dealer can sell it 4.

just fyi,

-Ult

[ 03-04-2003, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is the stuff that always makes ebay look shady. You have to hope the person is honest. Having a friend push the price up at the last minute, that is just wrong. I was interested in this setup when I saw it too, until I saw the fc tie. Not trying to talk down about them, just not talking up.

Mike

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
I do know that Nader bought a Focus SVT that was rolled, and is parting it out as i have already bought some parts from him off the car. I also have pictures of the car.

Thats all i know

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
I do know that Nader bought a Focus SVT that was rolled, and is parting it out as i have already bought some parts from him off the car. I also have pictures of the car.

Thats all i know
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That rolled SVT wouldn't happen to be a Sonic Red SVTF?

·
Registered
490 Posts
yeah. ebay sux. some of you may have bid on a nice set of H&R coilovers on ebay like 3 weeks ago. but i won it. i got the box and the rear ajusters were not in the box. so i called him and he said that he would look. the next day he emailed me back saying that they were 100% in that box.
BS. so i called h&R and they are on back order. so i got a nice set of coilovers for my 16th bday and i cant use them.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I make a living on ebay. When I first started my boss would have his friends bid on our auctions to up the price. I didn't like that so turned his friends in. Got them booted. People like that make honest people like me look bad. I was looking at buying one of the spark plug covers he was selling. Not so sure now.

Jason

·
Registered
526 Posts
I saw the same thing when some "thug" was bidding on Nader's SVT shifter auction... the auction was later cancelled.

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Originally posted by ENZI:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by CTZX3:

Thats all i know
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That rolled SVT wouldn't happen to be a Sonic Red SVTF?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">its Silver.

·
Registered
727 Posts
thanks for the heads up... Oh, and next time any FC employee wipes his @$$ please keep us informed.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, so here it goes...

the instance of the svt setup. i want this, very much so. so i bid...yeah its nader sellin, but i have no issues w/the man personally...anythin in the past is water under the bridge. but after c'g naz' thread, and noticin some odd occurances in some of his other auctions, and gettin accts from others who've noticed the same thing...i began 2 wonder. the final straw was when he changed his seller name 1/2 way thru the auction, regardless of the reason. he could have changed it later if he was gettin besieged by silly repeated questions bout his product. just didnt feel right...thus i bowed out when some1 else went in front...

...next...

his/fc auctioning new product on ebay. another matter. u have 2 look at that in the perspective of a retailer/dealer. most companies r now cuttin bait on allowing their product on ebay or other auction sites. some regardless of it b'g new, used, discontinued, vintage etc. this is the case in the bicycle biz. most bicycle companies either restrict/ban dealers from sellin any of this stuff in any state on auction. many more 4 years now already have employee agreements in place notifyin the companies' employees or those of a dealer that they r also forbidden from sellin/resellin any product they purchase from the company. this is place in our biz 4 things like employee purchase pro deals...2 keep down the problems inherent from employees buyin up product at cost or even less, then turnin it around at auction purely 4 profit.

but this is the important part. sellin the fc parts new at auction 4 less than dealer retail, and even sometimes lower than dealer cost, is wrong. b/c it works against the very people he has 2 deal with in his representative accts. u guys r upset w/me questionin them sellin stuff on ebay. y, b/c most times its cheaper? exactly. so if nader is sellin this stuff at auction on behalf of his employer, then demerit should b placed at FC 4 undercuttin their dealers w/o whom they have no biz/outlet. if its nader on his own accord/money/accts sellin this at auction, then blame should b placed upon him 4 undercuttin the very people he has 2 do biz with.

4 example, the kamikaze header situation. bigjoshracing had the initial run...they debuted a couple on ebay 4 a launch. ray at myford picked up the headers thru bigjosh as his rep. he launched them on the specials many of u remember. however bigjosh continued 2 sell the headers on frequent auctions and via contactin them personally, cuttin ray down by 50-75-even 100 dollars or more. myford subsequently dumped the header line, citing simply that his rep was continuin 2 sell them at auction 4 essentially less or near his own cost.

so if after readin this line of thinkin, u better understand (not agree, but understand) my position, then great. if u dont, i'm really sorry if i couldnt make it any more clear, even if the reasonin this whole thing came about was at the hands of a bunch of smoke and mirrors. i hope that many of u can c past ur seemingly 7th grade responses and c the situation 4 what it is, even if u dont agree.

thats my take on the situation...may it all work out such that all parties. nader, fc, fc's dealers, the consumers, the enthusiasts hopefully will all end up better after this.

-Ult

[ 03-04-2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Originally posted by bartlomiej:
thanks for the heads up... Oh, and next time any FC employee wipes his @$$ please keep us informed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
542 Posts
I agree with your outlook on the situation, its just funny that you are the one bringing things to light. I think thats why there are some of those responses.

Anyway, my question is, is nader selling this stuff that is his? Or are these FC's products?

Ct brings in a good point about nader buying a damaged SVTF's parts, thing is, in the pics the bumpers etc are gold and still in factory plastic.

Is dennis aware of all this?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that is a question jeff, who is it comin from, fc or nader...hence i worded it such in the above...

the used/wrecked svt parts is another deal...that which i have no quarrel with...even used or experimental/non-production fc pieces, that shouldnt b any problem. but production pieces that dealers sell 4 far less cuttin on the dealers isnt right.

yeah, funny jeff, that i'd take the stand and bring it 2 lite. i know i know. seems like i got a thing 4 tryin 2 bring fc down like some holier than now mission...but its far from that...it brings me no joy b/c its some1(s) out there that r gettin the short end of the stick. hence there is no joy in mudville.

when ur dyno g2g btw?

-Ult

·
Registered
727 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
seems like i got a thing 4 tryin 2 bring fc down like some holier than now mission...but its far from that...it brings me no joy b/c its some1(s) out there that r gettin the short end of the stick. hence there is no joy in mudville.
-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Awwe, so compassionate... you try so hard at every corner to justify yourself and point fingers at FC (always such detailed explanations why they are wrong, and you believe everyone should know). I get tired of filtering through good posts that have been soiled with your negativity. Everyone has an opinion, and everyone knows yours regarding FC. let it go.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but should we all let it go and just let anything slide? sure it might not b mine or some1 else's place 2 do somethin bout it initially. but should we all wait around 4 the other shoe 2 drop?

whats past is past w/me and them...i dont hold on 2 things...really i dont. think it comes from bikes, shoot thru them real quick b4 i move on. but this new line of bad biz practices serves 2 hurt many in some way shape or another.

thats all man...i dont wanna fight, never liked it...sheesh, i dont wanna go 2 war either and fight there...like fc, those people never did anythin wrong 2 me.

thats all,

-Ult

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.