Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For most of us or at least quite a few of us have had our SVT's for some time now. WHat do you guys think about your car now that you have had it a while? I only have about 8000 miles on mine, and I love it. Sure it lacks a few things, but if I had to buy again I would buy the same car. What about you guys, would you but the same, or maybe the SRT, RSX, save up a little more for the evo, sti, or something like the 350z or rx8. Looking at those cars, I may have help back a little and got an evo but none the less I like my car and like i said if i bought again, in the same price range I would take the svt. Overall I still love the car and hopefully this car will get a little better

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
due to my situation at the time and things governing my decision I would still buy the same car. I love it. It has all the features my stang didn't that I wish it did. The only thing it is missing is the power and torque and rear wheel drive. If I were to make the decision right now being a yr later I would buy the cobra in a heartbeat.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I purchased my SVTF in November 2002 and have been extremely happy with the overall driving experience that it offers for the money.The car has been top rated by the car mags in comparison tests for its segment but has slipped a bit when the SRT-4 came out this year with its underrated hp ratings for the turbo motor.When it comes time to replacing my SVTF down the road I will see what is available in that market segment and make a decision on what to get.

·
Registered
670 Posts
All things considered... I would do it again.

But if I had the time to order it, I would have gotten it stripped (no options except for AC). I never use the traction control, the in dash CD changer, or the sunroof. The sub is a waste of space/weight, side impact air bags are causing problems with changing to a race seat, and the blue/leather-trimmed seats are filled with spots. Not having these "extras" would make the car much better.

I love the 4-wheel disc brake and the added HP/torque over normal... that is the only reason I went with SVT.

But when you get to spend time at the track with the likes of Bela, Slick, and AirForce or you take that on-ramp and accel to FWY speeds... I LOVE this car.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I need to get to the track more and beat Joel so he remembers my name too

I love my car, if I got anything besides the SVT at this point it would be the MSP because its handling is a little better and factory turbo.

Slight mods and some track time and you will LOVE your car

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
SVT Focus again without any thought.

The RSX type S is my other choice if there was no way I could get another SVT in a reasonable time frame.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I must say my decision to get a SVT vehicle was a good one. You can tell when driving any of their cars that it was built to perform. I feel no different after driving 24K miles in my SVT Focus, and I would buy the same exact cd silver svt focus from sam packs five star ford, right after my first infra red svt focus was stolen. I got a check for 18.5K that I would gladly put toward my new focus again. Even after knowing about the srt-4's crazy power for the money, and knowing about the soon coming turbo lancer I still got another svt focus after the first was stolen. There would be only one change that I would make if I could. More trq and hp by way of f/i.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Given the same situation at the time, I still would have bought the SVT. I sure wouldn't mind the 2.3 liter engine, but then I'd have to wait for the aftermarket for that engine.

I personally love my SVT. I will easily acknowledge it's faults, but personally I feel it's a great car and the price was worth it. Once I get it supercharged, then I can't see ever being un-happy with it. The interior is da-bomb for a econobox. I just wish it didn't have side airbags so I could swap seats. But other than that, I do love this car

Oh and I forgot to mention the BEST part of this car:
The guys I've met who are hard-core track monkey's are the best in the world!

ZXMurph
SlickShoes
JaySD
01SportsWagon
AirforceFocus
Bur_ZX3
GuttedHatch
Kee
Cameroon
SurfSVT
SVT121S
Spike
Danamax
Enzi (who will come back to SoCal someday)

These guys have been the best! So my official statement... The SVT Focus

The Focus Track Monkey's

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love the car, would definately buy one again. I dont race or anything, but I love driving it around town. Everyday I catch myself looking out the window staring at her!!!
I would definately purchase this car again. Would definately like to see some sorta FI for it, but its still a blast the way it is.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I thought it before I bought it, and I still think it after 9 months and 7K miles. The SVTF is the best OVERALL sub-$20K (new) car available. Period.
~Dave

·
Registered
192 Posts
...bought for under 15K.
Bastard

I got my svtf in 03/2002 (for msrp, damnit). I've had a few small problems, but I'm still very satisfied with my decision. Would I buy it again? I think so, as there aren't any other sporty hatchbacks in the same price range (at least that I am aware of).

·
Registered
764 Posts
I totally enjoy this car!!!!! I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Just when I thought my enjoyment couldn't get any better, Bela' and Airforce convinced me to take this little four cylinder to Buttonwillow. ( I'm like, ya right,
I've been racing Cobras off and on since '93...FWD fourbanger?
) Way, way beyond my expectations. More fun and capable of carrying more speed through the turns. What a performance value!!

I can't wait to drive home.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hear Hear to all the above, not quite 8K, Silver 02 bought this January. When I drive my wife's Escape for a day to pick something up or go on a vacation...I can't WAIT to get back in it and hear that nice tone and smoothly accelerate to 70 in second gear!......awesome...oh yeah and around $17K and around $15K with my trade-in to buy....what's not to like? That it isn't a Porsche???? OK I can live with that.

Glad to hear everyone is still on-board...we got a good one guys (and gals!)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I drive an '02 Explorer V8 to work, it's such a treat to get home, pull my baby out of the garage and hit the entrance ramp to 94. Almost a year old and about 12k on the clock..

·
Registered
849 Posts
it's was a year on Aug 22 with my Sonic Blue beauty sure there were some problems along the way but ohh well. I just got the 2k rpm rattle fixed and it looks like the dealer service department had a little fun with my car when they took it out for a test drive as I was told by a Co-worker that saw the mechanic drive my car hard on the street
and rev'd on my co-worker which was a girl (showoff
). So everyone has funny

Now if I had the chance to buy this car again mostly likely not. The reason being I have a full time job now I can afford a better car
. I have my eyes on the G35 sedan more then the coupe or why not just buy a 350z, ahh what the heck why not an STI
. Ahh yes the life of a single guy living in his parents house.

But I would hate to see my car go

·
Registered
70 Posts
i hear you focusride, living at home with a job and a sweet car is pretty nice. i was going to trade the svt in last saturday and buy an evo...(i know, a kid who just turned 18 last week buy an evo....i would hate me too.).. i just didnt want payments, cuz the focus is payed off. however, i am in the process of making the ultimate focus: awd turbo svt with rs fenders and front bumper, and a few other goodies. soon fellas. soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hard question, at the time it was a hard deal to turn down. price was right, monthly payments worked out, needed a daily driver for my sr20det 240sx (which turns out to be more of a daily driver than the focus). i still love the fucus and it turns a lot of heads. hard to say if i would buy it all over again....this car has been to the dealer more times than my 10 year old 240sx.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts