Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 zx3 with about 51000 miles on it, and this year I've wasted a ton on fixing it. First had to change the wires sparks and the part that connects to the other end of the spark plug wires(dont know the name) $200 for diagnosis, parts and labor next fuel pump messed up $350 parts and labor and $70 diagnosis. Now the [censored]ing car decides to mess up again this time I dont know what it is, lets see if you guys can help. Was driving along and when I noticed all the gauges dropped, the car didn't turn off everthing else exept for the a/c and the radio. So I drove it to the nearest ford dealer so they can fix it. Until now all I know is that I have to pay $70 for the diagnosis. Does anyone know what the fu** is wrong this time.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I would say it might be a loose battery cable, or something to do with that.

If it just happened right after you had it in for the plugs wires and coil pack (thats what that is), then it might be related to them doing a poor job, and can argue that its their responsibility to fix. But if its a long time in between, then, well... they've gotcha!

A recommendation... when somethin is goin wrong, but you can still drive it... get home and come ask us here... let us do some virtual troubleshooting first. You might find it saves you some $$$$

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The coil was done about 2 months ago the most recent thing was the battery wire recall, when ford gave me my car I took it to that Western place to get a new bat. and they changed the bat., checked the system and said it was all fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts