Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$500,000 for a crappy NSX with some carbon fiber parts? That has to be the stupidest thing of all time. I'm writing in to the Sport Compact Car to say how dumb that is. It has a STOCK drivetrain. What makes it 6x the price? The cool carbon fiber roof scoop? The carbon front and rear bumpers?

Honda=Lame

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
A bone stock NSX is still a pretty neat little car.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
REPOST, losers. I don't wanna look up the thread, but I know it was one because I MADE IT!

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
REPOST, losers. I don't wanna look up the thread, but I know it was one because I MADE IT!

Get OVER yourself.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
yea the nsx is overrated as it is 300 hp for 80k come on honda pull the stick out of your ass and make a real car. at least nissan took a high end car r34 and made the z tune which has carbon fiber everything body, 500 hp basically jgtc motor brakes, suspension and wheels,. yep honda= a bunch of [censored] ups kinda like ford sometimes

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeah I was looking for the "continued on page 83" thingy for the rest of the mods with a price like that

·
Registered
186 Posts
Isnt this the NSX made for the plain fact that they needed to make a production model of this car so that they could run it in a certain race? I remeber that thread and yes what a waste but im guessing if you buy a car like that its for the collector value not for HP...id pimp an nsx

·
9,347 Posts
i'd take my 80 grand and buy a z06 plus some mods and go spank on the big kids. murciealago (sp) and cars of that nature or a baby step down and the gallardo )sp( and the rest of teh uber expensive "super" cars

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Isnt this the NSX made for the plain fact that they needed to make a production model of this car so that they could run it in a certain race?
Correct.

To quote R & T Speed magazine,"The NSX-R GT was created for the sole purpose of gaining advantage in Japan's premier Super GT racing series(formerly known as JGTC-Japan Grand Touring Championship).Super GT race cars must be production-car based and keep stock profiles that can only be motified by a few centimeters.Since aerodynamics play a large role in racing,Honda built a homologation special-a larger production NSX upon which to base its Super GT race car.Honda will build only 5 NSX-R GT cars-the minimum number required for homologation by the GT Association."
The astronomical pricetag of $500,000 is to recoup expensive tooling and developement costs for the new parts.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Plus, Honda is only building these in single digits and they will be sold to collectors. The NSX has an enormous following in Japan.

Considering the standard NSX is capable of competing with cars costing nearly twice as much, I wouldn't say the car is overpriced at all. Also, unlike many of its competitors, it can be driven every day in complete comfort or at the limit and is virtually bulletproof with an excellent reliability record.

>8^)
ER

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
Plus, Honda is only building these in single digits and they will be sold to collectors. The NSX has an enormous following in Japan.

Considering the standard NSX is capable of competing with cars costing nearly twice as much, I wouldn't say the car is overpriced at all. Also, unlike many of its competitors, it can be driven every day in complete comfort or at the limit and is virtually bulletproof with an excellent reliability record.

>8^)
ER
or beaten by cars that cost 1/2 as much

theres a top motoring episode.. fd rx7 kicks the nsx type zero's butt all the way around the track.. nsxs are WAY too expensive for what they are imo, it might not even be worth it to buy a used one

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
That's why I never get my up-to-the minute info from magazines, they are always like 3 months late with crap by the time they go to print. Except for Autoweek

·
9,347 Posts
it was in scc a while ago just. someone just got a hold of one now is all

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its junk. im writing in to say how stupid honda is. hopefully they'll put it in next months magazine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.