"Introducing the 3.5 litre V10"

[Honda hating] With 350hp but only 90 ft-lbs of torque. [/Honda hating]

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
A V10 Honda....

"Introducing the 3.5 litre V10"

[Honda hating] With 350hp but only 90 ft-lbs of torque. [/Honda hating]
Actually, an engine would have to rev to 21,000 rpm to make 350hp with only 90ft/lbs of torque....but I guess I get what you mean.

Honda won't be disapointing with the new NSX. With so much time for development, and so much stiff competition from Toyota and Nissan, I think they will pull out all the stops this time around.

·
Registered
534 Posts
First thing I thought of was F-1...

Aren't the F-1 Honda engines 10 cylinders or 12? I think Honda will master this engine and take over the asian sports car market. I can't wait to hear it. MMMM...

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
torque/length of lever=force

force=massxacceleration.

for a given leverarm (gearing, tire diameter) and mass, more torque same HP=faster acceleration.

physics is shexy.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
yeh we are definitely going to be hearing a lot of rumors with the upcoming replacement of the NSX

i think it would be more along the lines of a V8 forced than a V10 but u never kno

but like a lot of things overseas, us americans can only guess what will happen, hear the rumors that float across the pond, and pray to the sky we'll get it

but it is definitely the first and only Honda i am actually anticipating

-chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
All of this would almost be interesting if there was a chance in hell I could afford either the new supra-3000, skyline, or now the nsx replacement.

Over priced sportscars didn´t work for them last time so... they´re trying it again?

I only thought they tried the same mistakes over and over again in Detroit...

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
All of this would almost be interesting if there was a chance in hell I could afford either the new supra-3000, skyline, or now the nsx replacement.

Over priced sportscars didn´t work for them last time so... they´re trying it again?

I only thought they tried the same mistakes over and over again in Detroit...
um i beg to differ, the old supra is still rampant today whether it sold alot during that time or not

the skyline is an insane car in europe, and just released a z-tuned one that has blown off the doors of most cars on earth from factory...plus has been a great car for somewhere of 10years

and the nsx, well ur right with that.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
HOT DOG! A low displacmen high revving V10! Where do I sign up. Hopefully they'll put something like F1 inspired shift pedals as well. *crosses fingers*

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
hopefully it wont sound like crap like the Viper does
The new Vipers sound fine. The old ones I don't think had a cross-over, so they just didn't sound right.
But yeah, now Chrysler is the one that seriously needs to update their supercar.

This is fantastic news. I really didn't expect Honda to put a real engine in the next NSX! Can't wait to hear the specs! Now please just don't let me down now and tell me its a 3.0 liter ueber-peaky three-fitty horse V10 somehow now that I have my hopes up!

Can't wait for the first comparo between the Z06, GT-R, Viper, and NSX! The Viper we can only hope will be updated by then (the hardtop option doesn't count), and perhaps the Z06 will get a few tweaks as is typically done each year.

Good times, good times!

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Hopefully they'll put something like F1 inspired shift pedals as well.
This sounds like a very interesting idea.

... but I think you meant paddles.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I bet a version of this engine makes it into the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
I bet a version of this engine makes it into the Ridgeline.
whoa whoa now...if the ridge line is still around, remember people, this isn't coming out for at least 3years..i mean the projected date is 2008-2009..i mean the concept isn't even created yet

-chris

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
think it would be more along the lines of a V8 forced than a V10 but u never kno
Honda doing forced induction? I dunno about that...

I had personally thought it would be an NA V8. I guess we'll all see soon enough. But they had that "everyday supercar" thing going on, what kind of daily drivers have V10s?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think it's a mistake if they only put this engine in the next NSX. Honda, specifically, Acura in the U.S. finally needs to compete with all the Euro boys and their high end sedans. I would love to see Honda whip Audi/BMW and Mercedes with a extremely high end luxury/sports sedan to the level of the A8/750-760/S series.

I saw an NSX driving down 91 and was reminded how well the design has held up and the performance is still impressive.

As for low displacement, if you haven't noticed Honda isn't actually in the low displacement market anymore. I mean the base engine in the Accord is a 2.4, which is pretty big for a four-cylinder. My guess is it will be 4.5 - 5 litres.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
I think it's a mistake if they only put this engine in the next NSX. Honda, specifically, Acura in the U.S. finally needs to compete with all the Euro boys and their high end sedans. I would love to see Honda whip Audi/BMW and Mercedes with a extremely high end luxury/sports sedan to the level of the A8/750-760/S series.

I saw an NSX driving down 91 and was reminded how well the design has held up and the performance is still impressive.

As for low displacement, if you haven't noticed Honda isn't actually in the low displacement market anymore. I mean the base engine in the Accord is a 2.4, which is pretty big for a four-cylinder. My guess is it will be 4.5 - 5 litres.
me to, 5L v8...[censored] if hyundai is gonna be the new honda, honda has to "move on up" also

1 - 20 of 41 Posts