Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a fc race header. I put a O2 cheater inline with the green sensor (correct?). i reset the cpu twice i let it sit for 30 minutes and im still throwin a CEL light.
any ideas on what to do.

thanks,

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
ive heard that the o2 cheaters are a hit and miss type deal, as long as its installed on your second sensor you should be straight

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its on the second one, and im still gettin a cel should i call and see if they will replace it?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had it checked at autozone, they said o2 sensor, and it showed up right after installing race header

[ 03-15-2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: the_enemy_within ]

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not sure what it is but I would call the guys you bought it from at FC. They're usually really great at doing their best to help you out over the phone and they'll be able to tell you something. Let us know what's up...I've got a race header and O2 cheater sitting in the garage awaiting my motor swap.

Kevin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you try it on the blue o2 sensor.. I'm sure on mine it is on the blue one not the green one. I know some people swap them around after installing because of the length of the wires, but the cheater goes on the one that was after the cat before installation. I have a homemade one on mine and no CEL.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Um.. that O2 cheater goes on the blue wire. I didn't have one for a week and my CEL came on. Put the o2 cheater on the blue wire, reset ecu and no CEL since.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for the help, ill try that tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts