Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does the O2 cheater do. Also where can I buy it and for how much? I am also looking for a performance chip, where can I gety one of those? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It will turn off the CEL (Check Engine Light) after you install a cat. bypass pipe aka Off road pipe. Essentially, it tricks your ECU to thinking you have a Catyltic converter. Check to see if other ppl. have an O2 cheater they are trying to sell, etc.

[ 11-20-2002, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Trey ]

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have not seen any in person that work. I've seen three (including mine) that don't work. Still have a CEL even after resetting the ECU.

·
Registered
63 Posts
so basically if you replace your stock exhaust with say, the MBRP exhaust, will I need an O2 cheater also? I'm asking because I am upgrading exhaust in spring.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
You only get the 02 cheater if you are getting rid of the catalytic converter.

If you are getting a cat back exhaust, then you don't have to worry about getting the cheater.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Originally posted by djvash:
I have not seen any in person that work. I've seen three (including mine) that don't work. Still have a CEL even after resetting the ECU.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Never had a problem with mine. Worked right away and still works after a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by djvash:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">did you contact the vendor or the maker about this? i mean there's no reason to have something on your car that does nothing. all the ones i have seen work like a charm.

Nate

·
Registered
997 Posts
mine doesnt work either

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
meh..save your money and ride with the CEL..Ive had mine on for who knows how long! and still dyno'd at 147whp/138TQ with the CEL on....the price of that O2 cheater can buy you some new spark plugs,new accessory belt,and an oil change...far more beneficial..and a bag of recies pieces...never ever forget!! to pick up a bag of those..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts