·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OBX any good?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Likes like it might hang like the HKS, but with a larger mellon shooter. They have it on ebay
edit: Don't think many people have this yet its pretty new.

[ 03-12-2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: JJ'sGreyS2 ]

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
OBX seems to make really low quality parts. I'd go with one that people on here have had good luck with.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL

odd... wut else did u have on it to get 115whp?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hmm, I dont see how the OBX cat back would make you LOSE power
If I am thinking of the cat back you are, the HKS style on Ebay. Its 2.5 " pipe i think, the design looks nice and smooth, almost like an HKS, so it is probably a good buy. I was considering it til i got a deal on my HKS. You may lose a little low end with 2.5 " but peak power, you will gain

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by Type_Focus:
OBX sucks man...a friend of mine has the OBX Type-R system on his foci and it is lame as hell. The sound sounds like the engine is dying and the HP gains is 0 to nothing. Get the proven ones like HKS or if you prefer the smaller ones like bosal. One more that you should not get is the pacesetter. I HAD that on my foci with the pacesetter header becaues I was once low on my budget, Dynoed it.........HP before pacesetter combo was 115 hp at the wheel....HP after pacestter combo......112 at the wheels...GO FIGURE...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL yeah ever since i saw SCC's write up on how they lost power with a pacesetter header, i'd never consider even looking at one of their products.

·
Registered
437 Posts
OBX sucks man...a friend of mine has the OBX Type-R system on his foci and it is lame as hell. The sound sounds like the engine is dying and the HP gains is 0 to nothing. Get the proven ones like HKS or if you prefer the smaller ones like bosal. One more that you should not get is the pacesetter. I HAD that on my foci with the pacesetter header becaues I was once low on my budget, Dynoed it.........HP before pacesetter combo was 115 hp at the wheel....HP after pacestter combo......112 at the wheels...GO FIGURE...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts