Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to upgrade the stock plug wires on my 2002 zx3 and was wondering what other people thought of the OBX and JDM brand wires. They look alomst identical....only difference being about 25.00 more for the OBX brand wires. Is there really that big of a difference in them? They are both 10.3mm and have virtually the same looking connectors so I don't get the extra cost involved.

Is there a better set of wires available in the $40-50 range that is going to work out better than the two I mentioned above?

I don't really care if the wires are blue - red - yellow whatever....blue would be the first choice if I had to pick a color though.

All opinions are greatly appreciated
Madd_Maxx

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'd look through the sponsor list and get a set of Ford Racing wires or even the FocusSport wires before I bought OBX wires.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
JDM....??

You speak of secular things in this holy house of DSM??

dentless dave!!

Do you really need the increase in spark from the wires.....why wouldn't the Steeda or any other brand work for you??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would not recommend OBX, I was running them until about 3 weeks ago when wires 3 and 4 quit firing and I was running on 2 cylinders (wires were only a couple of months old). I'm just glad I kept my factory plug wires.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got a set of cheap wires from Ebay that were similar to OBX. They were great for a few weeks. Then in Cyl 4 the wire started cracking the plug. It was weird, I changed it 3 times and every time it would crack the ceramic on the side. Got the Ford Racing and it has been all good since.

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
I have had Ford Racing wires for over 2 years now, and they are Great

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
FocusSport wires for 55000 miles. Not a problem yet. Oh yah and I bought em used too.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
I'd probably stick to whatever gave me the exact length my OEM Motorcraft wires did. I think only FocusSport gives that to their wires. I hate the fact that companies take pre-made wires and use them on the Focus and they all end up like 1-2 inches longer than they should be.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I went w/the Focus Sport wires on my SPI and they have been on my zetec since I had the motor.....still working out really good....if not Focus Sport then get the Ford Racing wires and they are all in your price range, plus they are sponsors of the FJ : )

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
fr wires here for about 2 yrs and still looking good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts