Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. before you start. I have an OBX short ram, but I'm in the process of SHM 17's, SVT springs and dampers, FC race header, flex pipe, and bosal CB, also have AFX UDP. Should I shell out the money and buy the volant. Will I see or hear any diff.???

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Volant shows a very nice increase and a vicious sound. I have mine off right now (due to MAFS problems) and really miss it. Get the Volant!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Get the Volant-I tried several others before I got it. Good sound-good air flow. I would recommend using the stock air intake tube-I beleive that you can enlarge the stock opening in the bottom of the Volant and then hook up the Iceman intake there. You can then block the other opening to the Volant which just allows hot air in. I customized my Volant by blocking off the small stock air intake connection, enlarging the other opening to 3 1/2", then running 3 1/2" hose down under the fender to draw only cool outside air in. It;'s really cool-you can hear intake air noise coming from under the fender when standing in front of the car. This required a sawzall to do a little cutting of sheet metal. A lot of work, but with my JRSC setup I wanted as much air as cool as possible

1 - 4 of 4 Posts