Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...new here...
Anyways, I've been looking around for a shorty header, and OBX has come up a few times. I'm not too familiar with the brand, and wanted to know what people had to say about them, especially, the Zetec header. Is it good quality, easy to install, etc? The only thing that keeps me from going with a JBA is the fact that I have a tight budget (read: poor student
)and the price attracted me. Are there any other places to get the Zetec header other then the ones I saw on eBay?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I bought a longtube OBX header on ebay and I LOVED IT. Some of the best money I spent on my car! I think they are quality. My 2cents.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
OBX has been making some very highquality parts. All of their exhaust components are stainless steel, fit very well, and have excellent weld quality. Their other products are also very good. I would recommend them to anyone, as I have their 4-2-1 race header and I have been more then pleased with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll end up going with their shorty header...I'm assuming that they don't come with gaskets; do you have any recomendations for gaskets online? Or will something from the parts store suffice? Thanks again for your help...I was really wary of whether or not it would be worth it, but you guys put me at ease. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
don't go w/the shorty header......the power gains are very minimal unless you have a high flow cat or downpipe to go w/it.......and if anything get a exhaust and intake before the header so you are more happy w/what you have.....a header on a bone stock car doesn't do much....but obx does have nice products....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm...I've had an AEM ram air intake for a while now, and wanted to do something else. I may go with the header now, and the exhaust in a few months once school starts back up, and I have access to the lift there to make it easier to install the exhaust. A friend pointed out that the shorty header looks like it won't bolt right up; is it really a direct replacement for the stock manifold, or is it really too short to reach the cat? I may go with a high flow cat too as was suggested. Again thanks for all the help, and sorry for all the header newbie questions.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey carbon,

Just my .02 but the shorty if a great somewhat cosmetic upgrade but for the trouble of the install I'd think of something with more to it. But if you are dead set on it, go with it. I'm always happy to open my hood and see the shorty and not that nasty stock piece. Although I will be switching it out for a long tube someday soon.

_michael

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments. I just realized, after browsing the forums, that a full stainless MSRP exhaust is much, much cheaper then the Borla and Magnaflow I was considering, and produces similar gains. Based on the hp numbers in the exhaust shootout, I don't really think that over $100 is really worth the extra few tenths hp...I think that I'm going to put the header on hold for now, suck it up, and crawl under the car this summer to put on the exhaust rather then wait till September. Sorry for wasting everyone's time:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Go on Ebay. There is a seller on there named dailod. Always has OBX stuff up. Just search for focus obx. I got my OBX exhaust for like 230 shipped or something. Got the header for around 200 and I have never had problems. I LOVE my exhaust. It sounds really really good. The header was awesome to. Had to ditch it though once I installed my turbo.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Go on Ebay. There is a seller on there named dailod. Always has OBX stuff up. Just search for focus obx. I got my OBX exhaust for like 230 shipped or something. Got the header for around 200 and I have never had problems. I LOVE my exhaust. It sounds really really good. The header was awesome to. Had to ditch it though once I installed my turbo.
Or he can just buy the same exact model from focus central (which obx makes for them)for 350$+
I keed I keed

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Go on Ebay. There is a seller on there named dailod. Always has OBX stuff up.
anybody with experience with the seller "weaponspeed"? I only ask because I did a search last night on ebay for the OBX header and s/he was the only seller...

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
personally I would buy from dialod I have had great experience with him. buying my obx exhaust and my obx header from him everything went perfect. He is also quick to answer e-mails with is a plus.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah all my buying experiences from dailod have been really easy, quick. He answers quickly and ships out quickly. Great ebay guy and all the items I have bought from him were in perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Go on Ebay. There is a seller on there named dailod. Always has OBX stuff up.
anybody with experience with the seller "weaponspeed"? I only ask because I did a search last night on ebay for the OBX header and s/he was the only seller...
you must have did the search wrong dialod is selling allot of headers right now http://search.ebay.com/ford-focus-obx-he...ntrypageZsearch
I did a search for "OBX 4-2-1 ford focus" and all I got was that guy. I'll check your link, though. thanks.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts