Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i could purchase some aftermarket foglight bulbs... i looked in the ford manual and gave me the 899 bulb type but i cant seem to find it any where. i was thinking of getting some super intense yellow bulbs like the lexus IS300 has for foglights. they are so clean

can anyone help

-_-justin

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ok, here is the lowdown on the Focus Foglight bulbs. You can use the 893's instead of 899. I use the 893's and have had no issues w/ these. Now as far as getting the bulbs like the lexus car, no one really makes a bulb that color. www.batinc.net has bulbs that are amber(yellow in color) but no where near the Lexus color. Problem w/ the ones from batinc are that the bulbs are 50watts and over time the inside lens housing will turn a yellowish color do to the heat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys...i checkd batinc. and they look like a good deal...but i dunno about the turning of housing yellow,maybe its not worth it. i also checkd lightlens.com and i found yellow bulbs but none matching the 899 or 893 bulb number... maybe im missing it but i couldnt find it.

-_-justin

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
thanks guys...i checkd batinc. and they look like a good deal...but i dunno about the turning of housing yellow,maybe its not worth it. i also checkd lightlens.com and i found yellow bulbs but none matching the 899 or 893 bulb number... maybe im missing it but i couldnt find it.

-_-justin

Mc News Automotive also sells the Yellow 893 bulbs and the wattage on the Hella Bulbs are the stock 37.5watts.

Another thing that you can do, is go to a Craft store, like Michaels and ask for Yellow spray paint that you can spray on Glass and use that to spray on the foglight lenses. It will look close to the one that is on the Lexuas IS300 or the Lexus SUV, not the RX300, but the one that looks like the Isuzu Trooper and add the Mc News Yellow bulbs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I live in the Metro NYC area and we have a local CarQuest brand parts store here. Physically they are a relatively small store but they keep a majority of the bulbs in stock so I can't understand why it's been so difficult for others to find almost any of the bulbs needed whether OEM US-Spec or European conversion. So why go and pay double, triple or more plus shipping for bulbs that, really, should be in stock at your local store?

·
Registered
550 Posts
i have a box of these bulbs from eurolight. i don't use them b/c i don't need them(body kit doesn't have foglights). if you want a pair let me know and we'll arrange something. i have about 8 pairs.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I got those cool blue lamps from BAT INC. Works great! They're like $10 each, so you can probably get cheaper on Ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts