Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here’s the official results for the Focaljet Shoot-out, There was a change in for third place. #21 H&R/FocusSport Turbo did beat the #32 Severns Racing Spec Focus. Moving them to 3rd place…. Now I have to grab the 3rd place medal from Shawn to give to you guys, sorry for the mix-up but it was a little confusing with the two FS cars.

I want to thank everyone for coming out. It was a lot of fun and I had personally had a great time. It was great to see all the Foci out there running. I expect we’ll have a better showing next year. Next year we’re going to run at California Speedway (ALMS Config) for FJ Track Attack West.

For the East Coast guys, we’re looking into have something closer for you as well.

Again I would like to thank NASA, Focaljet and Ron for helping me with this Track Attack. I like to that F2/Gillis Motorsport for their support in the event (even though the broke two cars there). I would also like to that Randy, Raffi, FocusSport and Chris Stout for running with us. Special thanks goes to Shawn Meze for not only working on my car, but others as well… Plus he beat me in my own car by .132 of a second.

1st Place #2 Raffi Kazanjiann FocusSport 2.3L Turbo ZX3 1:34.790
2nd Place #23 Andrew Gillis F2/Gillis 2.3L ZX4 ST 1:36.22 (-1.43)
3rd Place #21 Raffi Kazanjian H&R/FocusSport 2.0L Turbo ZX3 1:38.04 (-1.82)
4th Place #32 Shawn Meze Severns Racing 2.0L Spec Focus ZX3 1:39.73 (-1.69)
5th Place #710 Chris Stout 2.0L Supercharge ZX3 1:40.52 (-0.79)
6th Place #72 Ricardo Vega F2/Gillis 2.3L ZX3 1:41.84 (-1.32)

Spec Focus
#32 Ted Severns Severns Racing 2.0L Spec Focus ZX3 1:39.87

Big Congratulations goes to FcousSport for not only winning but finishing 1st and 2nd in their Turbo cars. GREAT JOB.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Thanks for posting this up Ted. We had a good time out there and look forward to the next Focaljet Track Attack!

Big thanks to NASA and FJ for making this happen. And big thanks to Raffi and Vik for spanking thru with the excellent driving and wrenching. Props to Rachel, Todd and Dan for helping in the FS pits, too! :cool:

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
FocusSportVP said:
Overall we are 1st and 3rd in the track attack when you just look at the times. However, we got 1st in the FJ track attack and 2nd in the NASA TTU class with the FS Project ZX3.
Thanks for explaining it Randy. :) I was trying to figure it out to no avail. Not enough sleep! :lol:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RickB1321 said:
Cali speed way next year!!! Count me in! By then i feel my me and my car will be up to par for a track attack. I can't wait.:)
This is a Major event for NASA. Racers from NorCal, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado will be there. It will for sure sell out, There should be 5 race groups including Formula TR (where Marco Andretti Raced in 2004), Formula Ford 2000 (2.0 Zetecs), American Stock Car, USTCC plus the regular racing series.

Normally they have outside vendors that come as well. People can also view the racing actions on top of the Infield Suits.

We will be using the Roval Track, so it's very high speed. It will be a blast.

·
███████
2,662 Posts
Ted and Ricardo, Your More than welcome to Stay at my place for next Year's Event (I'm 6 miles Away From California Speedway) I'll be there Next year for Sure !!

Troy. :party:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
goldse said:
Ted and Ricardo, Your More than welcome to Stay at my place for next Year's Event (I'm 6 miles Away From California Speedway) I'll be there Next year for Sure !!

Troy. :party:
Thank you for the event. But, I'll be staying with NASA officials...and I believe Ricardo lives close enough to drive home every night.

Again thanks for the offer, but maybe it might be best for a fellow jetter.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We also had a change of the times. It doesn't affect the results but the time of record for the FocusSport 2.3L Turbo was changed to 1:34.97 as it's best time. The 1:33.72 was done on the Sunday Warm-Up and times didn't count on the 1st session on Sunday (NASA Rule). Plus it doesn't take away the Raffi did run that time in a Focus at Willow Springs

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

http://nasa-tt.com/Socal_Regional_Results/p2005_articleid/114

As far as NASA TT Results we have the following.
On Saturday
#2 Raffi Kazanjiann 2nd Place TTU
#23 Andrew Gillis 4th Place TTU

#710 Chris Stout 6th Place TTB

#72 Ricardo Vega 6th Place TTC

#32 Shawn Meze 2nd Place TTE

On Sunday
#2 Raffi Kazanjiann 2nd Place TTU
#23 Andrew Gillis 4th Place TTU

#710 Chris Stout 5th Place TTB

#72 Ricardo Vega 7th Place TTC

#32 Shawn Meze 1st Place TTE

http://nasa-tt.com/Socal_Regional_Results/p2005_articleid/114

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
It's cool, we were just going to the event to see what we could do. This was our first time out at the big track for either car and we learned a few things that we can apply to future track events. I know the times we pulled and I watched many cars get passed - we weren't disappointed with this first event. :)

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FocusSportVP said:
It's cool, we were just going to the event to see what we could do. This was our first time out at the big track for either car and we learned a few things that we can apply to future track events. I know the times we pulled and I watched many cars get passed - we weren't disappointed with this first event. :)
Good, I'm glad it worked out for you. We also learned a lot about are little Spec Focus as well. It ran better then I thought it would.

Also, I'll be talking to you soon, Randy. With Nationals coming up next month, we might want a special tuned file for our Zetec Motor, right now we only have a basic flash in the car, and with me going against Leo, Andy and Brett...I need all the help I can get.

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
Tom ran at the East Coast track attack this spring, which unfortunately the others couldn't come to due to last minute changes in plans. I don't think he ever had any intention of trailering all the way to California to run with them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts